Posts by Duncan

Well, that commute was a pleasant experience (the first of many I am sure!) - compared to IE800... much better isolation, no cable noise, and - most importantly, a nice rich and deep sound... Happy times - Just wish I'd have committed a few months ago, but - means I'll have to do plenty of listening to music to catch-up with the time I've missed
Subjective question, that you'll only be able to answer when you hear them for yourself (for me, right now - yes, very much so!)Full size equivalent, I really have no idea, they're to me - quite unique, the balance / presence is pushed so far forward, makes everything (extra especially vocals) sound so 'there'...
Have to say, of course IMO and YMMV, that to me these Shures are on a completely different level to the IE800... Just run the two side by side, and - quite laughable difference, of course tonal balance / presentation / forwardness are subjective, and up to each individual, however - this is so on the money for me that it isn't even funny... Wish I hadn't wasted (harsh sentiment, but that is what it feels like) a year of my life with the Senns... Haha, wonder what I'll...
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but even if we take manufacturer out of the question, surely isn't much of a friend if they don't offer to step in, and send in for warranty repair on your behalf...Different story to buying second hand from a stranger, from ebay or elsewhere...Afraid not, no - that is from the digital coax, which FiiO has as a 3.5mm jack.
Have you never noticed that the shape of the IE800 determines which ear is which - can be told quite easily, even in the dark - when holding the IEs in front of you, if the tips face forward, they're the right way around, if they face backward, switch sides...I have to say, having IE800 for a year, and the SE846 for 18hrs, the immediacy / impact of the SE846, alongside much better isolation (both aural, and cable) makes the 846 much better in my opinion (the only reason I...
Agreed...I've moved on, in a different direction (Shure SE846) and - yes, the IE800 is thin sounding - I've never disliked the H3 (although as you'll remember from our past exchanges, I've been at times confused by them!), but - what has put me off of the Z5 is the fact they poke out of your ears (never was a true fan of the TF10 / H3 fit / design) - if they sat flush, like a proper IEM, then Sony would have my money right now instead of Shure...
Do you have an example of one you've made?My skills with a soldering iron carry a health warning, as such - would be happy to pay for something that looks like that monstrosity in my post, but - without the three point connection
That is probably a discussion for a different thread, but - if YOU (forgetting anyone elses opinions or biases) could improve anything with your UM experience, what would it be? (any tonal deficiencies / problems that you can hear??)If you have no answer to that question, stay exactly where you are, and be happy with a great product - if you DO have issues / room for improvement, then start a new thread, saying what you do, and do not like with your gear, and try and get...
Having looked at the clock (0536am) realising that I've been listening to music all night, am a bit fed up - damn you Chord, and Shure - for keeping me up all night
As I said in my post above, this is mostly marketing BS - ANY half modern (Snapdragon 800/801/805, maybe 6xx too, any iPhone with a lightning connector, and maybe some of the older ones too) will be comfortably able to do that, and higher - just need an external app to do it (Android as an OS is limited to 16/48)... All these manufacturers know that people love to chase the numbers