or Connect

Posts by Duncan

Not sure if I'll regret going Haswell-E but the money that was burning that whole in my pocket a few months back wouldn't allow me to wait for Skylake-E... Sure I've future proofed myself for a couple of years though... (That being said I would never have said that I would migrate from a [vanilla] 4790 to a 5930K within 13 months of initial purchase, so who knows with my whimsical spending! X99 slow boot speed irks me, so that is already a way to justify!)
Giving the only Shure love I can these days, I have to say that my well and truly forgotten SRH1840 sound pretty darned holographic out of the mojo... Bass is a little on the soft side, but that could be more to do with my conditioning than anything. On the flip side, most full sized headphones have sounded awful to me the past couple of years, but quite happy with the tonal balance of these... Kudos to a great combination (amping sweetens up the treble, but mojo on its...
My hair is now greying, compared to our last catch up (2006?) - so long ago, so much different gear...
Interesting notion which I didn't realise (the binning)...Guess I should stop putting as much faith as I do in my two drives (one, an old WD Mybook has about 25k hours on the clock, so is probably nudging close to its MTBF anyway, albeit it still passes SMART with flying colours)
Wow, missed 103 pages on this thread since I was last online... Guessing there is still a lot of mojo love going on!! Taken a mojo break personally, traveling light at the moment due to the great British weather, don't want mojo to get water damaged!
It only adapts if you have a hands free enabled headphone, preferably with noise cancelling... The NC750 sounds far better by example than the EX750 (standard) and a fair bit better than the EX750NA (I think I have that right, the NC version of the EX750) due to the phone doing the DSP... It isn't a quiet handset though, i would argue it is louder than the ZX2 (not that that is a feat)
likewise...
Interesting, not used ATTO before, seems my nVME gets close to where it should be...
Oh, for those that go to the overclocks forum, and might see a post by me there, the head-Fi version of my plight is the truth, there, I didn't want to have a super dumb (to them) first post, so changed reality slightly lol
Well, after finding out my newer Strix 980Ti is nobbled (does what it says on the tin, but not a lot more!) I did a stupid thing and flashed BOTH cards with Asus Matrix roms... Oops... Never trust that something has the same part number I guess is the lesson for today! For 24hrs I thought I'd bricked the best part of £1200 worth of cards, but with a bit of time and patience I was able to reflash and all is good... Reinstalled windows 10 and it all seems happier now...