Posts by Duncan

My volume wheel appears to have gone wrong (either doesn't change or jumps wildly), any tips for fixing, other than sending in to Chord? Thanks
I truly don't recommend this, but - I seem to have inadvertently cleared up the treble sharpness on my EX1000 - I turned on my Mojo, not realising that I'd activated line out mode, hit play, took me a few seconds to back the volume down to sane levels... Ouch! But, definitely smoother now haha... Am almost tempted to buy one of the NOS pairs you see floating around to do an A/B... Edit, I take that back, I think it was actually my ears that were somewhat caught off...
I dug my IE800 out a few weeks back, only to find that one of the drivers has died, totally... Sucks being out of warranty, and I don't like them enough to pay out of my own pocket to fix them. C'est la vie Sennheiser.
I've stopped looking for tips now, settling on InAirs tips, memory foam version of Comply, seem to isolate better, and mitigate most of the treble peaks, win win
I'm puzzled, with my first USB C OTG cable as to why my LG G5 defaults (even if selecting otherwise) to trying to charge the Mojo, even though it neither accepts or draws power from the USB input. Wish I had a good enough memory to hear if there is any audio difference between USB C/3 and USB 2.
The way to cure this (it is the very tiny connector that works its way loose if your headphone jack gets caught on your pocket) is to exit UAPP and then bring up the task manager, and close the second instance of UAPP... then plug back into the jack, and all is good again.If you get it where it says "starting hi-fi plus" and just stays there, then yes - a battery pull is the only option you have.That being said, I've given up on it, that little connector is just too much...
I'm quite excited that (in the UK) the Hugo 2 is anticipated to be about the cost of a Hugo and Mojo combined, and can act like either - or its own persona... Definitely interested, although will have to sell more body parts...
Not quite true - it works as a regular USB DAC if using the original cover (to make a whole unit) and the USB OTG C cable...I bought the DAC before getting the G5 - and was running it on my Galaxy S7E quite happily...
care to clarify that point?...and I wondered why I don't really come here much anymore, moderator or not, I find it harder and harder to want to be a part of it around here, and don't worry, I won't let the door hit me on the way out.
Even a product as lorded as the Utopia has not amazingly dissimilar results, so I'm not going to jump off of a bridge now that I have that knowledge.Thanks for the clarification though