Posts by Duncan

Don't say that!!I'm hoping that the whites with Hugo are better than whites with SGS4 which were peaky, even a shade harsh...
Hmm...*cough*Shure E846*cough*Agreed
Is there any real advantage to using the high performance power option over balanced on Win 8? All I can see is that the processor in my case always sits at 4ghz, rather than using speedstep - I cannot believe that there is that much merit to running high performance, am now sat on balanced and I don't see anything different? Thanks in advance for answering my probably naïve question.
Do you guys who like the G3 use EQ? Still don't get why my opinion differs so wildly...
Good to see (for me at least!!) - will keep an eye on the FS forum As an aside, if anyone has a spare pair of medium Westone star-tips they could mail me, that'd be awesome - I don't want to pay US$30 on a punt into the unknown, not until I've had a chance to demo a pair at least!PM me if you can help Thanks.
Definitely interested in the silver litz, so will have a think about that early in the new year - like you say, no harm in demo-ing I'm also interested in the Sensaphonic sleeves you've mentioned, although - being in the UK, my nearest place for impressions is Ireland - that could be a little complicated! (will look into it, as I'm hoping that I could get impressions done anywhere, and just sent to them!) ...Also, I'll check out re the black filters, like you say, the...
I'm stuck with the blue filters, which is odd, having come from the IE800, however - to me, the black filters are too dark, and the white filters, they add a little spike / sibilance that I'm not happy with [at the moment, although that was only tried for a short time, with a couple of tracks - will have a proper play over the Xmas period]... Blue filters do, at the moment, seem to be pretty darned spot-on
If you're listening to prog-rock, dance mixes, or classical / opera, gapless is a given requirement!
Well, that commute was a pleasant experience (the first of many I am sure!) - compared to IE800... much better isolation, no cable noise, and - most importantly, a nice rich and deep sound... Happy times - Just wish I'd have committed a few months ago, but - means I'll have to do plenty of listening to music to catch-up with the time I've missed
Subjective question, that you'll only be able to answer when you hear them for yourself (for me, right now - yes, very much so!)Full size equivalent, I really have no idea, they're to me - quite unique, the balance / presence is pushed so far forward, makes everything (extra especially vocals) sound so 'there'...