Posts by Duncan

I would say that yes, these are VERY easy to drive, but - with cheaper electronics, the treble can be a bit, erm - sharp... Going up the price scale (even with amps that can be considered bright - like the HiFi M8 that I have, with the treble 'boost' on), the extra control on offer does help smooth the treble, and push the IE800s up a further level still :) 
 Could the Centrance note re 24/96 be with regards to the stock player (and ALAC?!?!?) - really ambiguous, and - with no lights, display or otherwise to tell you what the output of the M8 is, am a bit lost :( I've just purchased the HD pack - hence my question - about to try it now - but, with the big caveat that I do not know if 24/192 will be downsampled to 24/96 - or lower...
Quick couple of questions...   How do we know when / if a firmware update is coming out?   Also, maybe its been covered, but I don't see it - the reason for my question on the firmware is re the 24/96 maximum playback from idevices, but - is that circumvented by using an app like Onkyo HF Player, and - if not, has anyone tried a USB female type A to male type B converter to use the other input - does this work?   As much as I hate being an iSheep, I must admit, just...
Am intrigued by this (but VERY interested) - would require a full recabling, with the 2.5mm jack having common ground... Still loving my IE800, easily up there with my LCD2s (just wish for a hint more midrange bloom, then I could run solely on IEMs), especially with the HiFi M8 trimming the treble splash :) 
Confused, other than UI and physical size difference, if running to an outboard DAC then why would you not just be happy with the ZX1? (Especially with UAPP!) that, once again isn't a bash against the AK players, but a legitimate question.
Hi All,   Having bought the CEntrance HiFi M8, my old DACs serve little to no purpose to me anymore...   As such, wanting to have a little clearout...   Micromega MyDac - Bought June 2013 - Perfect condition - boxed, with all cables / documents / receipt for 5 months warranty - £175 ONO Arcam rPac - Bought five weeks ago - boxed, with all cables / documents / receipt for 11 months warranty - £100 ONO FiiO E17 - Unit only - condition 9/10 - can include FiiO Line out...
Hi All,   Having picked up a CEntrance HiFi M8, wanting to give my LCD2 a chance to be balanced :)   If anyone has a cable they'd like to sell (and is in, or will ship to the UK), drop me a PM :)   Thanks.
I have to say I love how this tightens up and smooths the IE800s (especially the treble) - all settings set to the middle (LCD2s, all to the right)...   Wonder if we should start a thread for best settings for different headphones / IEMs...
Just a quick re-post from the ZX1 thread, something I'm interested in receiving an answer to...   Re those connecting the ZX1 to the Hifi M8, this is probably a question that will get me shot - but, if using an app like UAPP, is there likely to be any perceivable sound / bit accuracy difference between the ZX1 and any equivalent 24/192 capable device (the Note 3 in my case)?   Seeing that UAPP uses its own stack I would assume not?   Obviously - in this instance am...
Re those connecting the ZX1 to the Hifi M8, this is probably a question that will get me shot - but, if using an app like UAPP, is there likely to be any perceivable sound / bit accuracy difference between the ZX1 and any equivalent 24/192 capable device (the Note 3 in my case)?   Seeing that UAPP uses its own stack I would assume not?