or Connect

Posts by Duncan

My 980TI's are both OC'd by 29% from reference on the GPU and 13% on the VRAM, I would desperately hope that these will compete with the 1080tIs when released - I plan to park my PC for at least two generations of GPU before committing to spending more money... Either way, I won't go from hero to zero I'm sure - especially when I've stopped benchmarking, and prefer enjoying the gameplay.
I suppose the big problem is that most manufacturers have it back to front, relying on people buying third party earphones to make up the missing SQ, which in the head fi realm doesn't work... The Sony Z5 cheats its way around this with DSP, the LG V10, as noted has the potential - other than that, you're running into flaky territory with unknown brands, or massive compromises elsewhere on the handset... Now I'm on my third iPad (Pro this time around) I have to give...
3.5 to 3.5... You can do this with any standard cable, but ultimately best (for the purists out there) to get a 50ohm one.
The aural memory is very short and easily confused... The only (non foolproof) way I have of telling if adding or changing something in the chain changes something is if I pick up on something specific (let's argue, an instrument in the background) that I haven't heard so clearly before, and that could be due to either enhanced clarity or tone... The benchmark for that is still the final track on Pink Floyds Division Bell, the bell that chimes, allegedly that bell plays...
P is for progressive scan, I is for interlaced scan, so if you said you had a 1080 screen, that is one thing, to say you have a 1080P screen, something different... That is why they just say 2, 4 or 5K now, with no inference to I or P
1080p is irrelevant anyway, I don't know of any PC in the past 10 years that has produced an interlaced signal... Tsk!
Agreed on all counts, the speakers especially, moving from the Samsung Galaxy Tab S, a revelation!
Bought the TOTL (LTE) version today, fell in love with the screen, but no sound impressions yet... I hate the way Apple keep luring me back...
If you think they're clean and clear (which they're not too bad at being!) try the EX750NA, all stepped up a gear, or my current favourite (which has the same drivers) is the NC750, only any good with the Z5 smartphone which limits its appeal massively, but the DSP on the phone really lifts what sound like humdrum drivers into something rather special for those of us that like a clean top end (as should be a prerequisite for any IE800 owner)...Add in that they're only 1/12...
The bottom end alone dismisses that idea... I think on the most part if you like vinyl you'll like these (the warmth / smoothing that these offer to CD is quite compelling), but despite what I had reservations about, my DSP'd Sony NC750s don't need to find a new home...