Posts by Duncan

Hi All, After picking up these NOS (dated 2011, but only purchased last weekend) Shures to compliment my SE846, I've realised that these are more AKG Q701 than Philips X1 (so, not my style)... If anyone is in the UK (due to the sheer size of the box / carry case, I will not entertain overseas requests) - preferably in the London area, for a meet-up, and is interested in getting these, please drop me a PM... No price listed, as I want any interested parties to make me an...
Seen someone a couple of times in the past few weeks on the train out of London with Shure SE500/530, sat next to me once whilst I was with my 846... Wonder if is a Head-Fier (Knebworth stop out of London Kings Cross if it is!)
I had the LCD2, and it isn't to my liking in comparison to the SE846 (I sold the LCD2 after hearing the SE846!!) Only hope for me is the TH900, but - not sure I want to invest that heavily, when I'm happy as I am!
Well, today is a good day - got a Logitech keyboard case and Samsung mouse for my Galaxy Tab S - nice faux laptop that is easier to carry around than my Surface Pro, and - yes, I do concur that the Star Tips are good... My pessimism was due to not getting along with the Shure silicones vs the olives, but - yes, for the record, I take that back - happy days So, with new tips, white filters, SPC cable (will be replaced by end of month) and Hugo, am totally happy with my...
In the next couple of hours, I'll finally get to hear for myself what the star tips sound like
What're you pairing them with?[Edit] I see a Hugo in your signature, pretty certain will be a fit issue, as harshness / thinness disappears for me when using the FiiO cable that allows you to pull them further in ear.
As ever, late to the party, but picked up a pair of 1840s today... Interesting compared to the 846...
No, they dropped that feature...
Haha, with all the gear going, guess I'd better save some cash... My OLED TV can wait!! @smial1966 Just want to check, do the C5 buses have audio announcements as to the stops, how would I / we know which is the apple trees stop? (ironically, going to Cambridge today on the X5)
No, because of import duties etc. am going with Toxic Cables.