Posts by Duncan

Various post(ers) and, to a lesser extent, my own ears...Different presentation, but not a million miles apart.
Thanks for the reply I suppose I was going around this the long way around, so I will elaborate - the H3 are, on the most part interchangeable with the Senn IE800 to most ears, so - if the Z5 is a step above the H3, and the 846 (to me) is a step above the IE800..........Then again, like you say, even if the ticks are in the SQ box, the isolation box could be a clincher
I have NOT used the Shure inline control, but have tried the adapter that came with the UE TF10, and it crushes the treble (strangely making the white filters sound like the blue ones!) - major caveat there though is that the UE adapter doesn't fit the Hugo properly, so has to be held in place...The hiss, to me - isn't a biggy, as said, it is only minor, and only when no music playing, but - yes, definitely an inline adapter (of the right resistance) would help for those...
What I'm looking forward to finding out is if the digital output of the X7 will offer a better output than that of the X5... Already supremely happy with my little setup, but - if I can get better still........
NP If you get the "der-d-d-der-d-d-der" noises, that will still be the cell signal from your handset (dropping from 3/4G down to 2/2.5G) - not a lot you can do about that, and - that is where airplane mode unfortunately would still be needed...
Agreed on all points, if you look back through this thread, my IE800s even made me question the validity of cans like the LCD2 (hence they are for sale)...Just baby them, or the cable may cause you problems
This is probably my last post in this thread - my cable has split at the headphone jack end, and I've requested a warranty replacement (waiting for the authorisation to swap at a dealer rather than send in), but - that prompted me to buy the Shure 846... ...Have to say that I'm happier with them than the IE800 when A/B'ing, so - will, when I get the IE800s sorted, keep them only for backup / holiday purposes I think... That isn't to say this has not been a fun journey in...
Agreed, hiss only when nothing playing, and - it doesn't bother me either, however - I know there are others out there that insist on a completely black background......and, agreed, I really like the Vorzuge Duo, but a triple stack is a bit too rich for my blood whilst out on the road
I have mis-placed the retail packaging for these, but - come with the carry case, and all ear-tips, which can be supplemented with Complys... Looking for a UK buyer, just to save on postage (would send RMSD for insurance / tracking purposes) - am happy to meet in central London if easier... Price is negotiable... Thanks,
Re-hashing an older post, I just cannot believe how great the Hugo / SE846 (white filters) combo sounds - even at very low (brown) volume levels, so rich, so clear... To be brutally honest, i'm quite humbled by my little setup now (honourable mention to the Fiio X5 as source), it isn't just a tool for music listening anymore, it is becoming much more intimate than that... I think, if Chord could tidy up the hiss when driving the 846 (isn't intrusive, but is there when no...