Posts by Duncan

I have a theory regarding why some people have an excess of bass, and some don't... I think, or should that be, theorise that the tube that goes into your ear is too angled... Try this, with the S5 in your ear, put your fingers behind them, and push forward (not inward, don't want these going any further in your ear than what you normally have!)- see if you get more, or less bass (to be fair, in my case, the whole sound changes - but, that is a digression for much later...
Sorry - 7550
Did you not find that the TX200 thickened the sound, made the IE800 sound a bit slow / heavy?...If not, did you go for the same size Comply as you had for the stock tips (i.e. M -> M) or did you up / down size?...I use the M tips on the IE800s (the ones pre-installed), and have the M size TX200, and - don't like what they do to the sound (remove some air, and as mused, make it seem slower / heavier), and would like your opinion...Thanks.
Depends what you want from your sound...The H3 is much easier to live with (smoother, less aggressive in the top end) than the EX1000 (which has a peaky treble), but - the MDR-7520 has both beat all things considered (although I haven't personally heard the 7520, this is the 'pro' version of the EX1000, which tames some of the issues)...Add the 7520 to your list, and - that'll probably be the winner (Then again, it depends what you listen to - genre etc. - what your source...
Has anyone got a good source for a [short, and supple, so 10-15cm longest] digital cable that has 3.5mm to RCA, or else a 5-7cm or so RCA to RCA? ...All being well, getting a Hugo next week, and - whilst I could use the supplied converter (with a VERY short cable), this just adds length to the cables, and - I don't really want a big ball of spaghetti in my pocket! Thanks
Of those of you that have had replacement IE800s due to cable stiffening, did anyone have issues with the swap-out? ...I love the IE800 for their SQ, really truly do, but that ever stiffening cable is starting to annoy me...
Haha, at this price, even though my last post in this thread was less than complimentary, these would be steal of the year, if not the decade!
My review pair of S5 turned up today... Have to say that the presentation (packaging) is very, VERY good for a $100 IEM, some other brands could certainly take a leaf out of Brainwavz book, something, in my mind as simple as the iridescent seals help convey a 'care' of, and pride in the product! Will refuse to make comment on SQ for a few days / multiple hours of burn in, however - I have dug out my Colorfly C3 after earlier opinions in this thread and put it on...
Sorry Simma,Ironically I read your original post incorrectly, reading it that you didn't get distortion
MDR-CD3000 - the one headphone that I truly wanted, that always eluded me... That being said, had two pairs of CD1700s, loved them, sold them, regretted it - Old school Sony is definitely better than new school