Posts by Duncan

i think it would be helpful for other parties if you at least advised if that is positive or negative to you, as could easily be taken either way: )
personally my party was an observation after being out on the field, and was seeing if this was what to expect, seemingly yes...Re my Frankenstein cabling solution, today's choice is as below...Still looking for people's opinions on better solutions
...My figure quoted was with redbook flacs... Will try again today, at a slightly lower volume (wondering if figure quoted is with LO rather than HO)...
Can someone point me in the right direction for a more elegant / neater connection to a DAP than this... Also, not sure what happened but from full battery to cutting out (red flashing) on a continuous run - 8.25hrs, quite a way short of the 12hrs quoted Green volume most of the time... [edit] As an aside, I do have another cable option - as below: I worry that it pulls on the jacks a little bit (could stress them) - looking for kind of a halfway house between...
SilverEars...The scary DBT required reply I have to this is that I was referring to the X5 coax out, so looks like I might be looking at a higher end DAP for my portable [Hugo] needs... Some could argue I should lower my standards for out on the road, but - this is Head-Fi after all ...Must not read... must not read... damn it, going there now...
I'm seriously fed up with the damned Hugo, think I'm going to throw it out of the window... Now been listening to CDs for 18hrs straight through my Cyrus player and Hugo, and the more I listen, the more I realise that the X5 (or maybe DAPs in general) is NOT the way to go... Been having dangerous thoughts about laying down £1750 / $3000 on the Cyrus CDXT Signature transport...
Ditto I would love to get hold of the SE846, the rave reviews they get, but I cannot stomach the 65% cost differential between them and the IE800 in the UK, whereby they are the same price (hence, class) when purchased in the US...
Seems daft quoting myself, however it would be advisable (with hindsight following a PM conversation) for me to say that the connectors on these cables (well, the connectors in general as I believe the cables are out of production) fit the Hugo perfectly - so, if you can find a clone of this, would be definitely worth investigating for the pocket money cost...Confirmation as below:
Not sure... Part numbers are: BN07100 35H00207-01M for the M7 B0P6B100 35H00214-00M for the M8 ...no sizing measurements that I can see though...
One of the truest things said on Head-Fi.I cannot believe how many headphones / IEMs the IE800s have beaten, for my taste - with regards to treble presentation - fantastic