Posts by Duncan

Looking good @JamesFiiO!!
Plenty of Shures in London village at the moment, and a glut of Bose, ugh, they must've been selling hard on QVC recently...
Seeing that I misplaced my FiiO line o out adapter, would be interested in an a/b between headphone and line out being amped, as I'm sure most of the magic of the ZX2 is derived from the headphone out...
Maybe OCD, maybe fact, or maybe I'm just expecting something that just isn't there, however I swear the TS complys sounds clearer than the TSX with their wax guard.
there is definitely room for more bass, for a BA device, good, but not great.
agreed, although case in point that uses a proprietary system (FPGA) and it truly scares me to think how much a DAP would cost if it had that on board.
yes, and you said that DAPs are snake oil, providing balance, still have the S6,M9 and iPhone 6+, so can sit on either side of the fence...
As said in my post, I was an advocate of your standpoint for ages, there is a difference though, if SQ is your primary factor (rather than the convenience of a one device does all)
The only way to potentially guarantee new and improved sound quality is to introduce a new and improved format (MQS in the first instance for this thread) whilst staying with the same manufacturer... After a certain point the technical specifications mean nothing (137db SNR vs 138db SNR let's say, what real world difference is that?) Other than that, you've got differences in tonality / tuning, which may appeal to some, whereas the older style / unit / model / firmware...
Good question...How I see it, and you can track my history of phones if you like, had too many to list whilst replying to this on my phone, is that having a higher end DAP, the sound quality is more of an important to the designer, and you can hear that so so easily...It is the difference between, and find your own analogy as you wish, having cigars instead of cigarettes, a fine wine instead of cider, a 4k TV instead of a crt, much more of a window into the music...I have...