Posts by Duncan

For me, it is where I can forget that I'm listening to electronics to hear the music (it washes over me if you like) which - my full size rig cannot do, but ironically my portable rig (listed in signature - albeit not including the HA3 in this) can...I'm looking forward to the Hugo, when it comes later in the week expanding what the Vorzuge Duo has added to my listening pleasure - already, the former owner of the Duo @FortisFlyer75 was convinced enough in the benefit of...
that's fine Just seems strange to want to compare a $100 IEM to a $1000 IEM / CIEM, but I think I sort of get you now...
I could compare to the IE800, but what would be the point?Please elaborate (bearing in mind my pair is a review sample) as to the merit of this...FWIW I've already intimated re treble differences...
If you don't need analogue input, the DAC2D is the same cost as the Hugo...Would be a battle of the giants for sure Have to ask though, why would you use a portable DAP with a deskbound DAC?Okay, took me a moment to get that
...When I put it in my ears, it muffled the treble, but boosted the bass!Definitely worth a look though, for those with stiffened cables
Re point one, not sure how analogue it is, but try Poweramp, that has a rotary volume dial...Re point two, no - I think you'll find that that is just the phone reaching it's natural limits (only so much you can squeeze out of it, and don't forget at this point you're comparing in effect a deskbound rig versus a portable one!)Re point three, yes - I agree that changing output impedance can improve (or, obviously degrade) the sound - mostly - in my mind, damping of bass...
Yes, agreed, myself and @bangraman used to semi regularly have micro meets in the back room of a pub, worked really well...Wow, thinking back, my rig(s) and aspirations have changed so much since those days, this hobby has had such an evolution over the past ten years!!
Re petroleum jelly (or, yes - Vaseline!) certainly isn't what I could call a night and day difference (and no practical way to A/B) but certainly, since applying, cable tangle appears to be less, which is a definite win
Yup!That is why, going back earlier in the thread, no-one should take any questions / critique personally - everyone has different needs / expectations The S5, following on from my last post, would be ideally suited to me as 'bedtime' IEMs, as turning up the volume to me lets them get a little ragged...THAT being said, without an SPL meter, my quiet (24-25 / 40 on the colorfly C3, which will be the basis for my review) could be your loud and vice versa
Guessing, those that say that the bass is excessive listen more loudly than those who don't say that... What I was alluding to earlier is that these seem to be very good IEMs for low volume listening (almost as if they have a 'loudness' function built into them), which (to me) is a big positive in that these don't make me want to crank the volume dial...