or Connect

Posts by Duncan

ah, I see, I thought you meant there was a competition for who had walked around the venue the most, or an unclaimed prize from a vendor / the SHaG event.
As a major backer of the QB3 AKG, there is absolutely no way to fault them at their price, but they do have their limits, and unfortunately, I do hear them... @T.R.A.N.C.E., having the Trinity Sabre, and having heard a pre-production Hunter last weekend, what would you want to better over the QB3? I'll see if I can compare / recall for you.
I purposefully missed them all, just incase the hype train caught me by the ankles, and dragged me along with it...The price of admission for the Utopias is too much for me to justify, and - well, happy enough where I am...(Just wish that my Laylas sounded the same as the Pioneers or vice versa, there is a period of adjustment each time I swap, which grates on me)
I must admit to naivety here - the new DSD feature doesn't work with my B&O DAC, whereas the old standard (which I didn't believe to be DoP or otherwise) plays DSD correctly (at least according to the screen) - an old example from before the update is as below: I might need to go to the back of the class, or have an after school detention, but - if it showed DSD before, what is different on the new version? Thanks for the 101 I'm bound to receive
I see both issues of mine are now fixed with the UAPP database, looks like I'm a happy camper... Thank you @Davy Wentzler!!
I did, via the insider programme, install the newest version, but - knowing how much of a pain it was to get AE in the first place (I couldn't upgrade, kept getting stuck at 71% of the process) - got nervous with the two month license on each build, and went backwards to public release... It is a shame that you cannot dual boot 10/10AE, that would have been ideal for me.
I have a completely virgin windows 10 AE build here, what media player is it? I'll install and test if that helps.
A member has kindly donated me their code... Thank you
I'm going to be cheeky here, but - will see how it goes... Inside the Dragonfly red packaging is a sixty day trial for Roon - if anyone knows that they won't be using that trial, can I be randomly cheeky, and ask if you don't mind, to PM me the trial code? ...Mine ran out, and I cannot, after spending more than I should have at Canjam, afford to pay for the licensed version until next month... it's killing me Thanks in advance for any offer of kindness
Sounds very odd!Are there output impedance measurements for this phone anywhere? - it seems like, to me - seeing what you've written that there could be a problem there, which would mean it would be hard to recommend anything with confidence.