Posts by Duncan

Sold.
Sold.
In different news, the very contentious (in Head-Fi circles) Denon D7100 sound so wide and airy with Hugo - sure people will mock me here, however - this combination is quite possibly the best I've ever heard with headphones in all my time (with exception to the Senn Orpheus and Sony MDR-R10 with their respective price points) - definitely - to these ears, smokes the LCD2... Good stablemate to the Senn IE800. Happy days for me
Looking at this thread, albeit not all 905 pages of it, it has led me to ponder just how money our gear is worth whilst out and about... My rig that I'll be on the train with tomorrow will be FiiO X5, Chord Hugo and Denon D7100 (with IE800 in my pocket for those moments requiring discretion) - including memory cards in the FiiO, that is just shy of £3500 on my person (at original RRP) - and, that would only get much much worse if I ended up with an AK player or such-like....
Sure if I read through all 102 pages of this thread that i'll see this echoed time and time again, however - from a newbie (to this headphone) perspective, it is funny how some tracks sound totally perfect, and others sound totally off... My brother has both the Denon D2000 and D5000, might have to grab him when I next see him and do a three way shoot-out
Rob, to be fair to the other poster, using FAD FI-BA-SB (I hate their model number designation!) IEMs, I also get hiss (with no music playing / no source selected) through the Hugo, but not with any other gear that I have...Would be happy to mail them to you to investigate / analyse if you'd like...Duncan.
Sale pending
Sold
Seems the D7100 have plus and negative points straight out of the box... Will burn-in and see what happens
I know that the Duo isn't the same as the Pure II, however - the SQ of the Hugo surpasses that of the Vorzuge to my ears, sounding much cleaner / crisper...As a result, I've put my Duo in the FS section.