Posts by Duncan

...As do Comply 200 series tips...
The B&M store situation is seemingly even more dire in the UK from my limited experience... Now, it is very important for me to say this is 'in my experience', and may be localised to my area, however - in London, it seems that pretty much all Hi-Fi shops have shut down (TCR is now nothing more than a coffee shop emporium), and the couple of Hi-Fi shops that are still open have staff that have a certain air of arrogance that doesn't really lead you to want to spend money...
Strangely, I'm back with the H3 plugged into my ears... Not really tried them with the Chord Hugo, and - had some Amazon vouchers, decided to buy the FiiO SE1 replacement cable (as luck would have it, the Hugo has two identical outputs, so could compare the stock cable on one ear, and the Fiio on the other - could I hear a difference? - barely - if splitting hairs, a smidgen more treble - either way, far less tangle-prone, so the FiiO cable is a winner), however - going...
On the bright side, you should be able to find out for free if the cable will make a difference or not - basically, if you have a cable that came with your PC / soundcard to connect an MP3 player to the soundcard (3.5mm to 3.5mm) then - that is all you need to see if the extra impedance the stock cable has will affect the sound or not - if you DO hear a difference, you really don't need to spend a fortune to remedy it.......That being said, I'd personally love a silver...
Finally committed and ordered - will be delivered tomorrow... Looking forward to pushing the Sony XBA-H3 nearer to Senn IE800 levels
I'm curious about these, amazon UK cite them as being made from titanium, not copper, so that puzzles me... Looking at something compliment my Senn IE800...
...but, to add some disharmony to this, I must say battery life appears to be about as bad as that of the iPhone 5S that the 930 replaced... On the inverse of that negativity, the 2.2ghz chip is still current (800 vs 801 in top flight android devices, shortly to be followed by the 805) minus as model numbers dictate, minor revisions... Has to be said, was very happy listening to the 930 earlier (on flat EQ) - a bit boosted I suppose you could argue, but - made the LG G3...
try quoting the whole post, or actually trying the Sennheiser pads on the SR80...
I suppose the biggest early compliment I can offer to the Fidelio X1 is that I can happily swap between them and the Sennheiser IE800 without feeling there is too much coloration on one or the other... Yes, comparing apples to oranges, but with the IE800 having been my go-to 'phone for the past nine months, I can say the IE800 have more extension at top and bottom, but I would say being brutal, that gives the nod to the X1, which sounds warmer, less analytical - more...
Talking of that, with a bit of improvisation (holding the pads to your head whilst putting the headphones on) I haven't heard very much bassier than a pair of Grado SR80's with Senn HD25 pads... - BAM.