Posts by Duncan

Am I missing a trick here, I'm up to the PayPal page, and it is still trying to charge me money... Has the offer now expired? [Edit, yes - I see it has ]
@jelt2359 Thank you for saving me some money Judging by your sound ratings on both the OP and the one above this, it shows that to your ears the SE846 hold their own against their peers, which keeps both my ears, and - probably more importantly, my wallet - very happy...
@moedawg140 Sorry, yes - I'm referring to getting replacement filters... I suppose it doesn't matter if I alter / trash the ones I'm least likely to use, but - would definitely hamper resale value (and completeness of set)... If it is purely a case of taking the foam out, and putting it somewhere safe, and then using tweezers to put it back in, then I suppose it isn't exactly rocket science... Might be a quick five minute pet project over the coming days whilst I'm sat...
Hearing is believing Not sure about modding the black filters myself, as I have no idea how to get more...
Okay, I've skipped some pages, but registered on fiio.net for hopeful early access
Funny, maybe it isn't 'bad' just tuned differently because I find it to sound better than the LG G3, which to me is tinny, harsh, and sibilant, yet I'm told I'm wrong by the G3 users ...goes to prove I suppose that you cannot please all the folk all the time
I'm preferring white with Hugo, removes some mids, but extends / enhances the treble fantastically, listen to some good jazz / vocals with the volume down low, with the whites, and it takes you to a different place Listening to Celtic Woman, Emerald CD, final track "You raise me up", never heard such clean vocals from a CD, and that bass - the final note on the track, sounds just like a church organ (probably is!) on the Shures with Hugo, deep, grumbling, but with no bloat...
YKYAAW the first thing you do when you pick up a CD in a store is to see who the producer is... (There are some REALLY terrible producers out there, so it would seem!!)
Absolutely not wanting to derail the thread, however - something interesting to try, and something I've done first hand, those hi-res files, did you transcode them down to the lossier formats, and use the same track for your test?I cannot hear any difference between hi-res and regular res when I do that... That being said, the Shures VERY easily show up how bad certain recordings are...
Principally the Hugo (or any self powered* DAC that accepts USB input) will work with any Android device, but you may need an app (UAPP being most commonly used) to act as a middleman... Some occasional devices allow native use...*There are 'some' DACs that are USB powered that work with cellphones but depends on the phone itself (how much power it allows the DAC to draw)...ALL will work with the Hugo via Bluetooth, but - this is definitely a compromised solution.