Posts by Duncan

I've got the adapter, but have yet to work out a way to get it to fit (without destroying the back of the phone and / or having the adapter dangling loosely from the back of the phone)...
This is common sense to most of us here, but - solution (with link to explanation of the issue of popping) can be found here...    Annoyed that I appear to have been the first person to actively acknowledge this issue, and then get talked out of it by others, but - there you go lol.   Caveat here, doesn't matter or apply when using external DACs ;)
Agreed completely! Now it's time to see if you agree with me re the M8
Question is h-man - why / how in your mind?   I have a feeling that you might well say that the midrange is the 'clincher' for you - that the M8 sounds a little 'thick'?   That is my impression between the two - but, for me (if that is the case) that midrange warmth of the M8 adds a nice texture to vocals / instruments that is lacking in the 5S...   Please let us know, and we'll see between the two of us that have heard both, we can make up a little scenario for...
Apologies...   for the record, I made a mistake - I have the FI-BA-BS, NOT the SS...   Apologies for confusion!
To me, with you having an (sorry to say this) low-end IEM, you will find the difference problematic to begin with...   You'll find they sound exceedingly bright / bassy - but, sit with them for a while (hide the EX85s, let the dog chew the cable or otherwise), and persevere with the IE800, and - once your ears adjust, they are sooooo clear that it isn't even funny...   The majority, if not all IEMs / Headphones up to at least the Sennheiser Amperior sound nasally,...
I'm looking forward to demoing the S5 at some point...   Clipping issues aside, the Note 3 is definitely inferior (tonally, rather than technically) to the One M8, so - will be interesting to hear if the S5 is more like the M8 (let's call this 2014 'stock') or the Note 3 (which i'll call 2013 'stock')...   Damn, phones are more expensive than headphones to me...  Have had in the past 12 months, HTC One M7, Xperia Z, Galaxy S4, Xperia Z1, Galaxy Note 3 , iPhone 5S, and...
mine came with a clear circular sticker on either side
I do still have 'issues' with the sound popping, but - combination of hearing same distortion on other handsets, and lowering gain by 2db seems to have alleviated on the most part...   Also, don't listen above 87% (Neutron) to virtually kill any remaining pops...   Trouble being that the phone only really comes alive at 14-15/15 on the volume - trance has never sounded so good with the IE800s...   Hey kids, don't try this at home, you could fry your eardrums, and -...
elfary,   For me, it isn't a case of who shouts loudest wins, it is a case of who shouts with the most vigour wins...   The 5S sounds very mid-thin by comparison, now - I will say that this is with the EU cap on there, but I believe less that the dynamics will improve by increasing maximum volume than I do that the M8 just has better dynamics from the get-go...   Easiest answer is for you to demo an M8, and let us know your thoughts, and - I might well end up...