Posts by Duncan

You do raise a good overall point......For example, my portable rig that I wonder around with every day is worth US$4,000... - Should not walk down dark alleys!
...From the E18 or the M8?M8 - common issue with clipping / distorting I'm afraid...E18 - not heard about that if that is the case......As to the poster that says to use the M8 rather than the E18, there is one key reason not to - if you have ANY hi-res (above 16/48) files - the M8 cannot do hi-res of any description without offloading it to the USB...
Cables are definitely where I'm at now, this patch cable I'm using can easily be bettered I'm sure... Waiting for a 'studio grade' BNC cable to pitch up (to use with the included adapter) - will see how that changes things before going for the more esoteric cables you guys are tempting me with! ...Still in awe of what my portable rig as a whole is capable of, whether it be Vivaldi, Jazz or EDM, just doesn't put a foot wrong... ...Happy, Happy chappie
That is not a good thing though, I find them unusually fussy re system matching, which is an element most people seem to be missing...
That seems odd?! - I haven't used it as stock since the day I got it, however - try connecting earphones to the headphone out, defeating boomsound, and then plugging the E18 back into the USB port, see if that works...
IE800 with Hugo is supremely clear (never heard treble like this from an IEM!), articulate, airy - a really, really good match, even after having had the IE800 for eight months already, hasn't stopped Hugo re-inventing my music for me all over again... That being said, I have not heard either the Roxanne or the 846, so - cannot compare
I think you have that wrong...Surely it would be WM-Port to micro-USB? - OTG is what is plugged into the Android device, not what is plugged into the (in this case) Hugo......I must admit, having my hands on Sony's version of the adapter (needing a USB cable to be plugged into it) that it is definitely cumbersome (and, I have to say - very big!)
Thanks @kkcc... Exactly what I wanted to hear - muchos gracias!
@kkcc I hope that this thread stays on track, now that the Summit-Fi thread is closed, I can see that this one will become quite popular, so - will have to keep tight reigns on it! That aside, you could either save me, or cost me a lot of money! ...If we extend your thoughts one stage further, is there a substantial in your opinion between DAC out's of the DX90, and the other players? ...Am happy (make that VERY happy) with the FiiO X5 digital out to Hugo, however - if...
Personally, I would say it would be better to listen to your new headphones on your current system, no matter how basic (PC Soundcard, stacking system, whatever it may be), so that you know what you like or dislike about them... I know that people like (for one of many examples) HD800 and Burson Soloist as a combination, but - that doesn't mean that you will - even if you could advise (as much as you've given genres of music that you like) your headphone / hi-fi history,...