Posts by Duncan

...but, to add some disharmony to this, I must say battery life appears to be about as bad as that of the iPhone 5S that the 930 replaced... On the inverse of that negativity, the 2.2ghz chip is still current (800 vs 801 in top flight android devices, shortly to be followed by the 805) minus as model numbers dictate, minor revisions... Has to be said, was very happy listening to the 930 earlier (on flat EQ) - a bit boosted I suppose you could argue, but - made the LG G3...
try quoting the whole post, or actually trying the Sennheiser pads on the SR80...
I suppose the biggest early compliment I can offer to the Fidelio X1 is that I can happily swap between them and the Sennheiser IE800 without feeling there is too much coloration on one or the other... Yes, comparing apples to oranges, but with the IE800 having been my go-to 'phone for the past nine months, I can say the IE800 have more extension at top and bottom, but I would say being brutal, that gives the nod to the X1, which sounds warmer, less analytical - more...
Talking of that, with a bit of improvisation (holding the pads to your head whilst putting the headphones on) I haven't heard very much bassier than a pair of Grado SR80's with Senn HD25 pads... - BAM.
For me, I strap the FiiO X5 to the Hugo's back, and place in my jacket pocket, I can then access the player from the front, and the volume from the back - all a bit incognito, to stop those questioning glances that I'm pretty sure I'd get if I got it out whilst on the bus...
Sorry - poor choice of wording on my part...I tried the X1 on the train, at discreet volumes, just to get a feel for them, and - now I am at home, I can confirm that I prefer the more fun, bouncy nature of the X1, nice to have some kick to the bottom end the LCD2 are definitely home based, I use IE800 out on the road / rails...I posted this image in another thread, but strangely apt here - looks like someone in FGW management is a [closet] audiophile - what I spotted on...
No problem I just added the OT remark as, as a moderator, that is something I look out for...All is fine - let's leave it here, and let the X5 discussion continue Duncan.
OT = Off Topic (i.e. not relevant to either FiiO or the X5)
Very OT, but to close this off, the necessary ticket is confirmed as being filed for the non-receipt of emails, and also the order in the activity feed being incorrect - details here
I have to say, having a 930 since last Friday that the headphone jack isn't actually all that bad... Additionally, to my eyes, this is the first OLED phone I've had where the colour saturation isn't way overboard... Not totally convinced on WP8.1, but having been a long term Android user, guess it'll take a bit of getting used to.