or Connect

Posts by Duncan

Why have a £1k or there abouts player, and then scrimp on the protection (£1.40 for six in the first one tells me all I need to know!!)Much better to look at something like this which as you'll see, will ship to the UK (even though is from .com)
If anyone, whilst walking around the venue, or tidying up came across a 'Brimair' right angled converter (for AK 2.5mm to 3.5mm regular jack) - that'll almost certainly be mine - just emptied my bag and it isn't in there... If anyone did come across this, can you please PM me? Thanks.
Those that haven't met @moedawg140 face to face do not know how much of a warm, and knowledgeable guy he is - a true asset to the head-fi community!! Moe, thank you for taking the time out over the past couple of days to sit with me, no matter what happens in the future, I will always remember your sheer unadulterated enthusiasm and dedication to this what we call a hobby - heck, anyone reading the first post of this thread will see that, even with their eyes shut! You...
Today's biggest point of note was the AK FAD FI-BA-SS... Last time I heard anything FAD was the FI-BA-SB which had an initial wow factor which soon descended into a coloured sound,,, their bigger brothers didn't suffer from that, which has restored my faith in BAM tech... More to follow I am sure
is there a new firmware version (currently running 2.2.1)?I'm slowly being turned off by lack of firmware updates...
seconded, I spoke to Snugs but the thought of losing my Layla's for two weeks whilst the initial casting for the casing was done was too much to bear, seems a good way around this
Haha, yes, I have engineering works on my line, a ten minute stretch of track took 45 minutes to traverse, haven't even reached the works yet...
Depends on your level of headphones I suppose, and how much OCD you suffer from (and how big your bank account is!)... In absolute terms, difference will be minimal, but perceivable (not night and day)... To me, at that stratospheric level, synergy plays more of a part than technical merits of gear.
The Jaben stand at CanJam London has them in stock (well, did yesterday at least!) if this helps any UK members...
Well, one thing I do NOT like about the II(+) is the gain control - seems illogical that you could flick the switch whilst on the go, and the settings are (from top to bottom) mid, high, low - one sure way to accidently blast your ears having high in the middle!! In better news, and I'm going to let the amp burn in before saying anything remotely committal - treble is far and away more extended on the new amp compared to the Duo (without treble switch on), also sounds...