Posts by Duncan

I have been out of the PC scene for a while, I did use to build my own PCs all the time (although not adventurous / exotic enough for OCs that involved watercooling etc) - and am a bit miffed, has to be said, gone from Apple with their restricted EFI to HP with their [nearly] equally restrictive UEFI... Doesn't anyone have a good old fashioned BIOS on their mobo anymore?
To be fair to HP, when looking at HP's price of the system versus what the sum of the parts would be, it is quite good, no - actually pretty good VFM (talking UK price structures here)...The first part that will be upgraded by me at some point will be the PSU - I think a 500w PSU is a little weedy (perfectly adequate for the 150w AMD 270, but - after that...) - and then the fun can commence, although I think the CPU / RAM are in it for the long haul
I've finally ditched my last apple item (mid 2011 iMac) and gone fully back to PC... Okay, so - it is purely stock, but I have got an HP ENVY 700-311na and a Dell U2713HM monitor, and couldn't be happier - if nothing else, when the stock gear gets a bit long in the tooth, I can finally upgrade individual components again, not need to upgrade the whole system... Surprised at how adept the stock R9 270 card is, runs at 2560x1440 perfectly fine - was sceptical, having read...
Can I check, this talk about the LCD2 being used, this is portable, out on the street? If not, best to discuss in the other thread, to keep this thread in the spirit it was born with... Also, generally OT posts need to be kept to a minimum...
this is partially true, the Denon D7100 for example does gain an advantage, but not everything does, so it isn't an absolute given...
Sony did that 20 or so years ago, with sapphire and diamond evaporated diaphragms... For their time, the units in question (MDR-E482 / MDR-E484 / MDR-E747 and some others such as the MDR-A22L) had very good sound quality...Can live in hope
I think I'll pass until the hype train has passed through the station and dropped off its passengers further down the line, and I'll wait for this speaker 'technology' from Sony to reach down into their headphones...
You've heard both?
Price drop...
In other news, I wonder how many loathers would call me a fool for liking these substantially more than the Philips X1 - which sounds dull / muted / wooly in comparison... Other than excessive soundstage (IME) issues, I actually quite like these - especially for the reduced price they're running at