Posts by Duncan

I am really liking the RHA (large) tips on the 1More triples - slightly ovular by the looks / feels of it - my new favourite silicon tips
Cheers Registered interest
How many people are going to be in the tour? I'm definitely interested, but don't want to deprive others if numbers / time unit can be away from HQ is limited.
Had about 10 minutes with a Hugo 2 today, it is aesthetically much more my thing, and everything from a functional standpoint seems much more "there", definitely an improvement over the original there... The jury is very much out though, listening to both the LCD4 and Utopia, it sounded great, but they are both unfamiliar cans to me, and with it being a limited demo, definitely wouldn't want to carry a full opinion... To which end, I will say from that audition, I...
exactly, it doesn't matter if any or everyone says a product is garbage (which I haven't, just said that the jury is out), so long as the (potential) owner likes said product, that is all that matters.I probably wouldn't have bought my Master 1s if going on reviews and opinions only.
good to know, albeit bad for my finances lol...Now to try and find a pair that has a couple of hundred hours on the clock, to demo again... 😊🎧
There are about 100 caveats, including but not exclusive to ~ unfamiliar DAC (Hugo 2), not volume matched, not perfect listening environment, unsure as to how long the Utopias have been burned in for etc etc, however, exclusively between the Utopia and the LCD4, out of the Hugo 2, on the standard filter, I found the Utopia to have a sheen to the upper end that just doesn't sit right with me... They obviously do many many things right, and sound phenomenal, micro detail in...
Guess I can finally, after quite a delay, join those that have heard these...
Can't say I have issues with the strain reliefs but mine are quite new... I have to say, given the right tips (a given, but quite hard to do with the design of these), and with enough time to let the dynamic driver bed in (getting rid of the ploddy overblown bass), these are fantastic value for the price... Some may find them a shade dark / recessed at the top end (being a member of the treble heads, that was my initial thought), but get over that, and you'll find them...
Just updated also, now waiting for the DFR to have the same treatment