Posts by Duncan

I think I get the D7100 - On the most part, got them to sound quite high end - trouble is, cumbersome setup - FiiO X5 -> Chord Hugo -> Vorzuge Duo -> D7100 Sounds much more together with the Vorzuge in the mix...
How do you know which is which?Amazon have them for sale, albeit twice the price of the vanilla K712...
One humorous thing for me is that the jack on the smaller Denon cable fits the Hugo perfectly, absolutely made to measure... No way it could be any bigger, absolutely the right size, makes this feel very secure in my pocket, knowing the chassis of the Hugo is the stress point should an accident happen.
Holy Moly... No picture of my rig, just a musing that the last time I posted in this thread was twelve years ago... Been here too long
Now I'm fed up... Been listening to the Denons for about 5hrs straight, gone back to the IE800, and they sound really nasally / congested / muddy - with a quirky mid-bass... Now, maybe I'm just lucky, and partnering the D7100 with the Chord Hugo is like some weird holy grail combination (I doubt this!) - but being able to run the two side by side (dual, well - triple outputs) does make me wonder what some people on this thread are hearing compared to me... Either way,...
Won't like this answer, but both Poweramp and Neutron allow this...
Sold.
Sold.
In different news, the very contentious (in Head-Fi circles) Denon D7100 sound so wide and airy with Hugo - sure people will mock me here, however - this combination is quite possibly the best I've ever heard with headphones in all my time (with exception to the Senn Orpheus and Sony MDR-R10 with their respective price points) - definitely - to these ears, smokes the LCD2... Good stablemate to the Senn IE800. Happy days for me
Looking at this thread, albeit not all 905 pages of it, it has led me to ponder just how money our gear is worth whilst out and about... My rig that I'll be on the train with tomorrow will be FiiO X5, Chord Hugo and Denon D7100 (with IE800 in my pocket for those moments requiring discretion) - including memory cards in the FiiO, that is just shy of £3500 on my person (at original RRP) - and, that would only get much much worse if I ended up with an AK player or such-like....