Posts by Duncan

Sorry, Dolby does some not so good processing...Not to say you're wrong, and not to say that the sound isn't better on the M9 than the 6 (I have both), however - wanting to make sure there isn't confusion between an enjoyable listen, and 'audiophile' as per thread title - the two are generally very different approaches to music playback.
Something tells me something isn't right here, there is lots of cable noise (especially from the 2.5mm connector if that moves around) and, from an earlier post, there is definite wind noise also, very easy to pick up...Ignoring the model I'm about to mention here, this is not a 'this IEM is better' post, yet when I moved from the IE800 to SE846, the reduction of cable noise and increase in occlusion were, at the time - worth the entry fee all on their own.
And I use TS500
untethered, yes, can also confirm access to system files
Andrew, I have a loaner pair that I'll be handing back at canjam...I can see if I can send them to you for you to demo if you like? Won't promise the right answer, but...
i still could if I could be bothered, but it gave me an excuse to try new toys
Do not burn it in, use it, what is the point of going on an epic journey to somewhere new and exciting if you sleep the whole way there!!
They are strange to fit, yes!Me personally, I put them in my ears with the cable socket pointing forward, and then rotate the units backward for the ear hooks to go over my ears...That works for me, others will be able to just jam then in, others again will have other ideas, will be interesting to see other opinions...
I had (well, still have) the IE800 with exclusive usage for a 12 month period (December 2013 to December 2014) and practically loved every minute of the time I had with them, they do sound fantastic in their own right, especially for the price point, but if you like their sonic signature then for example the Tralucent 1p2 has more of everything, having a larger presence, intimacy and clarity (some of which seem to contradict each other, but, it works!)Don't get me wrong,...
I wish IE800 was end game, would've saved me a boat load of money...