Posts by Duncan

Have to say, with the SE846 (white filters), the Hugo is simply awe inspiring - the synergy is something to behold... Absolutely brilliant combo for redbook, and - even having hi-res music, I hear zero benefit over well recorded redbook - more than happy... What probably makes it better, after offloading some gear, the SE846 works out to have cost me £222 - a real bargain
It isn't just about what partners well, it is also about what you want from the music (tonality / accuracy / speed), which would make a recommendation easier... - I can definitely add another to your list (for tonality) - the Shure SE846...
Funnily, Sennheiser win the award for headphones worn backwards the most...Sennheiser HD25 - way too often do I see people with the cable trailing from their left ear...
Sold.
Yes, I did say that to me it was a lesser extent... I could never switch fully from ie800 to h3, but could hear why others could and did.
Sold
Various post(ers) and, to a lesser extent, my own ears...Different presentation, but not a million miles apart.
Thanks for the reply I suppose I was going around this the long way around, so I will elaborate - the H3 are, on the most part interchangeable with the Senn IE800 to most ears, so - if the Z5 is a step above the H3, and the 846 (to me) is a step above the IE800..........Then again, like you say, even if the ticks are in the SQ box, the isolation box could be a clincher
I have NOT used the Shure inline control, but have tried the adapter that came with the UE TF10, and it crushes the treble (strangely making the white filters sound like the blue ones!) - major caveat there though is that the UE adapter doesn't fit the Hugo properly, so has to be held in place...The hiss, to me - isn't a biggy, as said, it is only minor, and only when no music playing, but - yes, definitely an inline adapter (of the right resistance) would help for those...
What I'm looking forward to finding out is if the digital output of the X7 will offer a better output than that of the X5... Already supremely happy with my little setup, but - if I can get better still........