Posts by Duncan

Can I check, this talk about the LCD2 being used, this is portable, out on the street? If not, best to discuss in the other thread, to keep this thread in the spirit it was born with... Also, generally OT posts need to be kept to a minimum...
this is partially true, the Denon D7100 for example does gain an advantage, but not everything does, so it isn't an absolute given...
Sony did that 20 or so years ago, with sapphire and diamond evaporated diaphragms... For their time, the units in question (MDR-E482 / MDR-E484 / MDR-E747 and some others such as the MDR-A22L) had very good sound quality...Can live in hope
I think I'll pass until the hype train has passed through the station and dropped off its passengers further down the line, and I'll wait for this speaker 'technology' from Sony to reach down into their headphones...
You've heard both?
Price drop...
In other news, I wonder how many loathers would call me a fool for liking these substantially more than the Philips X1 - which sounds dull / muted / wooly in comparison... Other than excessive soundstage (IME) issues, I actually quite like these - especially for the reduced price they're running at
Fair point, my pair has one grill concave, one convex - definitely not 'caused' by me... is this that common?
The problem is from what I understand (from other head-fiers) - the first run of D7100 did sound not so good, but that Denon tweaked / upgraded the drivers in newer runs - but, nothing concrete to substantiate that... I can say from personal experience that these sound nothing like any Beats headphone that I've heard, with an insanely clean / extended treble, and a very tight bass - little thin on the mids, but generally okay... Soundstage is both a blessing, and a curse...
Denon D7100 and Beyer DT880 deserve honourable mentions