Posts by Shike

ODAC - $150 O2 - $150 V-Moda M80 $230   I think this setup not only falls well within your budget, but would fit your tastes quite well . . .
Greetings,   Up for trade is a very good condition Pioneer Monitor 10 (original, non-R).  I'm out to try yet another pair of different headphone, just because as usual     As for what I'm looking to try, not sure.  I'm not really interested in AKG as I already have the two cans from them I'm interested in.  Equally, not interested in Grado, and I have enough IEMs.   So, I guess those that are interested in these shoot me a PM with what you want to trade (only...
I'd be concerned of poor layout and implementation for the new opamps.  Implementation is everything, and what works well for one opamp may throw the others into oscillation.
  For those curious:   Spam/flames, last post I reported got removed and then the thread was locked.  Now you know.         I'm debating building up a second O2 when the odac arrives and going for the dac/amp solution.  I can't wait to see how it turns out - the April 1st update almost got me :P
Have you tried filing a Paypal dispute of any sort?  How long has been since the purchase?
Did you pay with a credit card?   Contact them (CC company) and reverse the charges, the goods never came - that alone is grounds for it.  If they did you could still do it because the goods are counterfeit.   EDIT:   Just saw the no credit card thing, ouch.  How did you pay?
So, how many people are interested in dropping an ODAC in the O2?  I'm starting to debate it more, but still hanging fire at this point in time.  Nw had a good April Fool's joke regarding it, but hope we get to see some more real news on it soon.
@mikeaj,   Seriously it's not a problem.  I expected this ending up here when I first posted the review, and was honestly surprised it stayed out of here as long as it did.     Can you do the same beyond a reasonable doubt?  I'm sorry, but with the internet to some extent you're either going to believe me or not.  I'm not going to harass friends to join Head-Fi, jump through hoops, or give out personal information just to appease you.  Regardless, I will ask you don't...
    What credible industry would accept your test as sufficient?  List.     What objective did it actually accomplish?  Did it remove any potential for bias at all?  How was it different from hooking up two amps amps at random out of box and plug between the two of them?   If it didn't accomplish any of these, how was it a "good" test.  Explain.     There's no point in blind testing if it's identifiable due to lack of controls now is there?  Equally a blind test isn't...
You shouldn't be trying to convince anyone, including yourself.  Using such a mindset, and purposely setting either amp hotter than the other makes your "findings" questionable at best.   I don't understand your shock and indignation for someone calling you on this.  Your test was no better than any other sighted test, and should be seen as such.