Posts by Shike

I'd think a tenth of a percent is within margin of error on measurements of transducers, just my two cents.
  So effectively, you were able to tell apart the signals until 1% total THD . . . ?
  These are entirely unrelated points.  Him not being "nice" has nothing to do with an insinuation that he is getting undisclosed kickbacks.  Him not wanting people knowing who he is in-real life is honestly perfectly acceptable (having seen people harassed by others after being identified).  Furthermore, your insinuation extends past HIM into "who would be the ones paying him"?  Are you going as far as to propose various MOT that now sell his products of paying him?  You...
  This doesn't account for THD already present in your chain, namely the transducers themselves.
  Hardly, you're saying imaging can't be measured - so I'm asking if it can't be measured how can it be effectively emulated?
  Myself and everyone I've talked to that has heard it has claimed it entirely transparent to speakers (they switched between the unit and speakers without people ever realizing it).  Of course, it's something to try for yourself, see if you can tell when they switch.     PS:   Can we stop having people tread towards acts of character assassination like implying financial gain?  Many of those comments could apply to just about everyone here, it's not secret Head-Fi is...
  How does the Smyth Realizer work then?
  I think I'm starting to get your position much more, and if it's what I think it is I'd tend to agree.   The only reason we have a general understanding of what we believe the limits of audibility are for measurements is because of the ears originally used to test such limits.  Without those the measurements themselves would be worthless.  Without the measurements, we'll have drastically swinging issues in the quality and neutrality of gear and no baseline for what many...
  I can't tell if you're trolling, really that incapable of understanding the point, or blind to context.  The audio DBT in that case is to favor the ability to find a difference as much as possible, in other words it unfortunately increases the ability of getting a false positive for the sake of finding a positive result should it potentially exist.  We haven't even got that when it comes to DACs.   In medicine this is the exact opposite of what we want to happen.  A...
  I'd argue the binary yes no test has a substantially lower set of requirements, but have yet to find someone capable of telling the difference between what many engineers would argue is audibly transparent pieces of equipment.  When we have someone that's able to do so in a controlled test with a peer reviewed methodology then there is a potential need for a more stringent test.  Since Purrin did a test himself and argued the differences were easy to find, I'd like to...