Posts by Shike

I found the 990 brighter than any of the K70X/Q701 offerings - and judging from the others it seems like you enjoy a bit of treble roll-off.  Grado's are bright, the Q701 is just balanced overall.   Hope you enjoy them OP, I definitely like me some AKG's.
Greetings,   I think I've decided to get out of vinyl entirely and will be selling off my turntables.  First is a Pioneer PL-71 which is in near pristine condition.  The dust cover how some minor surface scratches, but the wood and everyone else is good.  The price is $175 + shipping (I'll cover Paypal fees).  Expect at least $25+ for shipping as it is extremely well built and as such, heavy (25 pounds).   The second turntable is one I've had on a shelf and just haven't...
  If someone is seriously inclined they can, but it's spending more money with little difference IMO.
  A while back I sold my Stax SR-202 with adapter for around $400 used (I got it for $450), so it's certainly not unfeasible.  Then again, there was a reason I sold it (sounded like K601 with no bass).   As for OP's question:   ATH-AD900 and up K601 and up DT880 HD600 AH-D5K Various lambda style Stax if that's your thing   These would probably all be closest to neutral within HD-800 realm depending on what you're looking for, and as shown earlier the DT880 is close enough...
  Until they are able to prove that their cable makes an actual difference in a peer reviewed study, or hell - a well done DBT even, no one here is going to do more than scoff at this.
  Unlikely where I live.
  I checked at two Targets in state, both $70 still and has only started clearance this Monday.  Will be another week or two before more cuts will be made.
Under $70?   If you have a local Best Buy they may still have Sennheiser HD428S on display/clearance.  I got a pair the other day for $65 and for the price I'm actually pretty impressed with them for a sealed can (using them to take a break from IEM's).   If you can take a portable player with you, you can usually unplug them from the bottom of the display assuming they aren't already, plug them in, and give them a run (just make sure to plug them back in when...
  Do you mean more bass than they currently have?  If so I'm actually not interested, there is already plenty of bass in them as is IMO. >_>
Slightly more bass, not as "shouty" IMO.   Personally after listening to the citiscape line at a local BB I wasn't too impressed myself . . . I went with a pair of HD428's instead for my portable headphones . . .