Posts by Shike

1) Depends on the type of driver.  The traditional dynamic transducer is to be rigid, low mass, and able to move enough air to produce desired frequencies.   2) Various things.  Some headphones are marked different but virtually identical.  Some use different materials, drivers, enclosures, etc.  This requires research from model to model.   3) Dynamics vary, but a rigid mylar is quite popular.  BA use a vibrating metal pole/similar...
First sentence is mostly correct, there are ways to make tubes and attached devices behave but for the most part today they aren't used in reproduction for obvious reasons.   The second is coming off as myth propagation again.
Because it is . . .
Is he only using Grado's?
I saw in another thread the MKIII Is tube only (not hybrid) with a higher output impedance.  If this is true both amps will sound different as the MKIII will effect frequency response of the headphones.
His banning had nothing to do with blog spam, and that was out of Jude's mouth http://www.head-fi.org/t/562736/what-causes-this-amp-related/120#post_7619633   This also doesn't include his side of the events though.   Now that that's out of the way, let's drop it alright?  Next time don't speculate on subjects you don't know, and more importantly don't derail the topic at hand.
Greetings,   I have a pair of single-ended RE-262.  This mean they do not required the adapter to change them from balanced to single-ended operation, just a 3.5mm j-plug into the player and it works.  I have all tips and some extra Monster tri-flange that come with it.  Pics available upon request: roughly 4 months old as I had them recently replaced.   Price includes CONUS shipping and Paypal fees.
The recording chain and reproduction chain are different.  It's one of the main arguments of when to use 24 bit vs. 16 bit for example.  I don't have access behind the AES paywall, but I did find another related PDF from Julian Dunn that did a later AES convention that cited it and found findings we're interested in (at least in regards to noise).  It appears in a domestic situation, 101dB-108dB could be necessary under the most quiet of circumstances for domestic...
  The abstract doesn't seem to say much in regards to what you said.       See what I mean?   Moreover, just to be sure - we're talking about SNR correct?  I want to confirm whether your claim is a 3dB difference in SNR is audible.  In relation to THD, 3dB may or may not be audible.  If you're saying +3dB of noise onto whatever signal is already playing - then it's not necessarily impossible that it be audible depending on what level the signal is playing at.  Then again,...
He never mentioned FR, just noise and distortion.  Also, I'd like you to provide a citation that shows audibility between -90dB and -87dB (for example) in relation to noise and distortion - since you claim it to be fact I'm sure you can find evidence of such a situation or similar correct?