Posts by Shike

I just got off the phone with Logitech this morning regarding an issue with another device (UE 4000) and when asked specifically about the UE 900S they said it was being discontinued.  When I asked if it was no longer being manufactured she said that was correct, and confirmed we were discussing the UE900S in ears and not the 9000 headphones. So Logitech is misinformed?
Greetings,   I have a pair of Koss KDE250 I'm looking to sell.  I have box, headphones, case, and all clips.  Will include a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter if needed, I do not have the airline adapter nor manual (but can be sourced as a PDF online).   In regards to trades, I'm looking for something comfortable since I have a XXL head.  Basically very adjustable headband and little clamping force.  Open or closed don't matter.  Can't do IEMs as they cause my ears to itch much to...
 Sorry for the late replay. 1) Yes, PC is the source - there's ways of implementing it without a PC - MiniDSP has released Ambio units which will get you pan ambio - no convolution, but if you reduce the volume of the back channels it will expand the width a slight bit further according to some of the pages, just dial in where it sounds good and leave it. 2) Complexity and cost most likely.  Depending on what you're intent is a simple stereo setup can be done with a single...
 The front channels have to be tight together, but it will work as long as you're centered and far enough away to generate a tight angle for the lower delay levels.  For example if the speakers surrounded a 5' screen you would need to sit ~10' away at the least (basically double whatever the separation of the front speakers is).  Thankfully since I'm using my old NHT SZ XU speakers they are basically less than an inch apart.  The biggest advantage of the smaller setup is...
 I think it's going for the same end game, but yours uses localization while ambiophonics tries to eliminate localization of the speakers so that the recording provides it instead if that makes sense. First, ambiophonics only requires four speakers though more are welcome as ambiance speakers.  For HT the center channel is simply downmixed to the front.  The two main speakers are put close together to create a very tight angle, and the same with the rear speakers, like...
 Well you have to listen in the sweetspot much like you would a narrow dispersion ESL.  Since the speakers are place close together (30 degree total angle max compared to the 60 of a normal stereo triangle) means that reflections and resonance should usually be quite similar.  It also helps with room reflections as they should be more uniform than not.  Another note on resonance is that ambiophonics usually employees a high-pass and low-pass so it isn't applied to the...
 Wikipedia has a solid intro on it:  [[SPOILER]]  Things that are similar but not quite up to snuff in the past would be Carver Sonic Holography, Polk SDA, etc. if you're familiar with them.  The difference is we now have recursive based elimination (RACE) and keep the front channels center to prevent pinna localization. Definitely a love it or hate it thing for a lot of people.  If you like the sound of large panel electrostatic speakers, want sound that is able to go...
 Agreed - if only the map wasn't made by a three year old we could get there faster :D Either way I've mostly found my ideals in this heathen technology called Ambiophonics outside headphone land so I haven't participated in headphone discussions much recently.
Okay, which one of you guys is copycatting me at innerfidelity?  Pretty funny :D
Not sure where people started discussing the Denon's as neutral.  They aren't, but for some of us they're fun.  In terms of distortion I personally haven't noticed anything though, it's comparable if not a bit less than many speakers.   Of course, I prefer the D600 . . . I think the D7100 is a step too far, but that depends on what you're looking for.  The D600 reminded me of B&W house sound and was an insta-buy at $250-$300.