Posts by HybridCore

You don't say. Meh, I mean AMD would have won that war a long time ago with moar coarz and higher clocking chips. Right now it's still frequency wars for new people (and the misguided). There's pretty little demand for a 80 Plus Plat PSU over a Gold one since Gold is usually viewed as good enough and the jump in pricing for that penny pinching efficiency is actually a bit much for a lot of people even if they are blindsided by other marketing (there really isn't much...
I mean it's probably less painful to find the closest if not exact hex value the case lighting is using. I don't remember most RGB lighting included with cases linking up with computers; only a few.
But it's only a 0.2 GHz overclock since the chip runs near max turbo frequencies under high load and it's not like any game needs overclocking with an i7; that's just GPU bottleneck at that point. I won't argue looks since that's a personal thing but it seems like a pretty hefty price you're paying for a lot of stuff you don't use but it's your money.
Eh that's kind of counterintuitive then; why bother getting a ROG board when you aren't going to OC, even if it's that "oh down the road to make the system a little more viable when it gets outdated" argument since like earlier the gains are more or less negligible. Z170 doesn't give any worthwhile features over H170 and going for ROG is just a huge waste of money in general; it's not like you need anything past a 4+1 or 4+2 phase setup running stock clocks. Lower priced...
That 6700K actually sounds pretty below average so not exactly the greatest representation. 4GHz+ on air with core temps below 70 is pretty common for average chips from what I've seen. Albeit the #'s are meaningless without ambient.   Meh you're fine OCing on a Z170 UD3 or something. Going for a ROG doesn't net anything worthwhile especially for that price increase considering the power delivery system between the UD3 and ROG is basically same in quality (not even...
Huh? What are you talking about. You can do a 4.4GHz OC on a 6700K using a CM Hyper 212 EVO or a Cryorig H7. I don't even know why you would be remotely afraid of running a FX9590 or 6700K on air (9590 I could see more but 6700K...you could get 4GHz+ OC's using air ever since Sandy). The temps aren't even close to ridiculous. As of now Pascal GPU's are pretty disgusting, mostly with respects to efficiency but as an architecture overall it's not one that will age very well...
Mmmm moving to smaller lithography sizes actually causes more problems with heat IIRC since it's essentially smaller structures that are more tightly packed (and more of them too sometimes) so heat gets trapped more easily. There's some balance with power savings and efficiency but heat output doesn't change much between generations.
I'd still say XPS 15 or Razer Blade then (albeit getting those at cheaper prices will be tricky). The form factor and build quality matter a lot more than some people make it sound since this is something you're carrying with you every day. The MSI GS63VR like bowei mentioned is also a decent machine. 2015 MacBook Pro 15" is also a good choice if you use anything in the Apple ecosystem like Final Cut Pro (I don't know why anybody would) or something but that's just about...
I don't see where HBM caused any problems. There's little to no way to get better performance w/ GDDR5(X) because HBM by default has higher bandwidth than GDDR5. If you're referring to the 4GB stack limitation, sure, whatever. The issue's gone in HBM2 which is being used in Vega due to larger stack support. I don't see where there were negative returns either. If we're talking production, yeah it costs more to produce than GDDR5 which has well established fab lines but...
I mean if you were expecting exponential increases in memory bandwidth and speed leading to exponential increases in GPU overall performance you must have been smoking something. IIRC Fiji wasn't exactly that different design wise from the previous GCN cards. It was just bigger die (partly due to HBM and partly due to just jacking up the number of shaders) with a few low level changes although many were aimed at HSA (and APU's specifically although for a desktop card...