Posts by HybridCore

No, your calling is to make an Akihabara of 'Murica. 
Jinsei ep 2: LOL. Wow.   What's with that letter reading voice?
Well, a good list for you: http://www.overclock.net/t/1179518/seans-ssd-buyers-guide-information-thread#user_SeansrecommendedSSDs SSDs are pretty stable now because of SATA III bottleneck so until PCIe based drives start becoming the norm (it'll happen on laptops first with the continued rise of M.2 which is pretty prevalent in ultrabooks already). The only big jump that has happened so far is Samsung's 3D NAND which allows to use of larger lithography while still the same...
This. While HDDs are basically not going to go anywhere anymore they're not going to be replaced any time soon due to their low price/GB but due to basically no progress in HDDs you can have the same model for several years and keep the same prices going with nothing happening (unless you find some lame excuse like a flood or a factory fire *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*). SSDs on the other hand are rapidly changing and just like most transistor based technology, they're not...
Alright, the start of project "Bento" or "Bian Dang" (both are basically the same, one being Japanese and the other Chinese). The idea is to make the smallest, most space efficient setup for something that runs off a PicoPSU, although I already have one involving a SFX and/or ATX PSU in mind (probably SFX because ATX...meh. We have 600W-650W SFX 80 Plus Gold PSUs already so small and efficient). My minimalist nature makes me want to avoid using PCIe x16 extension...
Just adorable.
Finished. Went with 0.156" diameter holes instead of the 0.16" in the mITX spec sheet (mATX has 0.156").     Need to remake the I/O cutout area and such so I can start working on the rest of the case. Not sure how I should deal with the PCIe x16 ribbon extension cable.
MiniITX spec sheet is a failure. None of the holes match up with mATX (because the reference dimensions are in millimeters while hole placement dimensions are in inches). Going to have to remodel a mITX board.   Meanwhile: The most basic PCIe x16 connector.   Half of the dimensions for slot thickness and such I had to take from the actual dimensions for the PCB connector since the connector diagram didn't include any.
Motherboard spec sheets have quite the annoying tolerance range and some odd numbers. Distance from the edge of the PCB to the back of the case is quite an odd number (0.483 inches give or take 0.10 inches). WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GIVE ME A WHOLE NUMBER?!   MiniITX is quite the mess. The boards dimensions are in metric (170x170mm) but PCB thickness is 1/16" (that's standard PCB thickness at least) and mounting hole placement, in order to fit ATX and mATX's hole mounts, are...
I've looked at case design a few years ago (back in middle school) and none of the parts I can find out there for SketchUp have dimensions that actually work with each other since they didn't use the spec sheet which was quite frustrating. You need the parts to line up all because of the backplates and I/O cutouts at the back of the case. Its mostly the PCIe and other expansion card form factors that are an absolute pain to deal with. Too many pins on the PCIe x16...