or Connect

Posts by HybridCore

Mmmm moving to smaller lithography sizes actually causes more problems with heat IIRC since it's essentially smaller structures that are more tightly packed (and more of them too sometimes) so heat gets trapped more easily. There's some balance with power savings and efficiency but heat output doesn't change much between generations.
I'd still say XPS 15 or Razer Blade then (albeit getting those at cheaper prices will be tricky). The form factor and build quality matter a lot more than some people make it sound since this is something you're carrying with you every day. The MSI GS63VR like bowei mentioned is also a decent machine. 2015 MacBook Pro 15" is also a good choice if you use anything in the Apple ecosystem like Final Cut Pro (I don't know why anybody would) or something but that's just about...
I don't see where HBM caused any problems. There's little to no way to get better performance w/ GDDR5(X) because HBM by default has higher bandwidth than GDDR5. If you're referring to the 4GB stack limitation, sure, whatever. The issue's gone in HBM2 which is being used in Vega due to larger stack support. I don't see where there were negative returns either. If we're talking production, yeah it costs more to produce than GDDR5 which has well established fab lines but...
I mean if you were expecting exponential increases in memory bandwidth and speed leading to exponential increases in GPU overall performance you must have been smoking something. IIRC Fiji wasn't exactly that different design wise from the previous GCN cards. It was just bigger die (partly due to HBM and partly due to just jacking up the number of shaders) with a few low level changes although many were aimed at HSA (and APU's specifically although for a desktop card...
Rule of thumb is PWM will not kick in until under a certain % brightness. Max brightness I'm pretty sure no monitors have any PWM flickering (I might be wrong, I'd check for this one but it's usually somewhere between 50% and 80% brightness when the PWM kicks in). Above a certain Hz frequency even sensitive people won't notice it, although hearing a laptop has it might end up triggering a nocebic (nocebo = negative placebo) response depending on how sensitive you think you...
Unless you are really sensitive to flickering PWM at higher frequencies doesn't really matter (ASUS usually does 200Hz which is considered somewhat low but I've seen a few at Notebookcheck w/ 50Hz PWM). At that point it's just more of a kind of perceived quality thing (I personally do care even though I don't have issues w/ PWM because if you're shelling that much out for a laptop, no PWM is always nice).   I would wait till post CES 2017 when the models start rolling...
At least they didn't botch Cu Chulainn. Still the best character.
Wait I lied.   LOL CHU CHULAINNE IS STILL THE SAME.   Already my favorite character.   EMIYA counter balance feels pretty boring now. He had more cool in F/SN UBW regardless of how trash it was. The one likable character in F/SN UBW outside of Chu Chulainne.   At this point it's just worth skipping to the old rivalry from FSN UBW since that char interaction is more fun.   Edit: nevermind I guess it was obvious in hindsight he was a redshirt.   Edit: oookayyy...
Chu Chulainne is so much better as his original versus this crappy version though. But I guess he still knows the same stuff.  [[SPOILER]]
In the middle of watching Fate Grand Order. WTF happened.  [[SPOILER]]