or Connect

Posts by HybridCore

Yup. I honestly don't know why hardware microphone/webcam kill switches aren't more common. I think ThinkPads still have the wi-fi kill switch. Ideally you have 2 switches, 1 for wi-fi and 1 for webcam/mic but I think it would still make sense to combine them into one since unless you use your microphone and webcam often when not on wi-fi (ex. Skype, Discord, Curse, etc.) there's probably no reason to leave those on when your wi-fi is off.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/09/fbi-urges-low-tech-solution-to-high-tech-webcam-hacking-tape/   I mean not a bad idea but who actually listens to this guy right now?
Saw some screenshots of iOS 10. Typography fixed?! :O   I don't know if it was fixed in previous versions but it looks much more legible now than I last remembered it (they originally used a lot of Helvetica Neue Light from what I saw or whatever the thin stroke width variant was).
It also looks like the trackpad is bigger (mostly a bit taller?) or I'm just remembering the previous trackpad size wrong. I actually quite like W10M because it does typography right unlike iOS. W10M is quite gorgeous, iOS since iOS 7...not so much... But yeah best interfaces IMO are W10M (anything from WP8 honestly), Smartisan UI (Android variant) and iida UI 3.0 (also Android variant, 2.0 had too much going on).  Hm I honestly thought of Walt Mossberg as kind of an Apple...
+1 I'm not an Apple person but there's a reason why a single company is able to retain such a large loyal customer body; everything just works. There are obviously a few examples of relatively poor execution (iTunes being one of them) or the Apple Pencil's charging method (everything else about the Pencil is great and then there's charging it) or the Magic Mouse (10/10 way to charge a mouse). Rest is pretty good. Since Tim Cook's takeover I do have some qualms with the...
My Samsung Series 9 can do the same tracking w/ 5 sheets of paper on top thing (I just tried it). If the capacitive surface is sensitive enough then it will work no problem (it's like how you can use gloves on certain smartphones that have hypersensitive capacitive screens) As for the nonfunctioning trackpad after putting something on the lower part of the chassis I have no idea. My best guess is that it might be messing with palm rejection assuming the palm rejection is...
https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/08/airpods-non-apple-devices/Really? That's their argument?I feel like for most people the auto-pairing is convenient once or twice when they receive the product and that's it. I'm not sure if most people use those headphones with more than one device. Maybe at best phone and laptop, tablet for some but I assume if you're buying AirPods you've already bought into the entire Apple ecosystem.
It was working yesterday then sometime during the afternoon my time it just stopped working.
RTE broke for me as well.
Adapter comes in the box so technically you don't have to pay more to use them.Anybody can still use their traditional wired gear. It's just a matter of if people are willing to deal with the inconvenience.