Posts by HybridCore

Ugh, lucky. The UCONN DreamSpark subscription is only SVL. (-_-")
Lucky bastard. Is it single license at your college?
Same. Not sure what to do now...ThinkPad is my best bet, so long as I nuke the installation Lenovo provides. Sometimes I wish VAIO was still international and under Sony. They were quite nice. The new VAIO Z looks pretty nice. +1 Although a few high end products are the exception. Apple products basically don't lose resale value.
I think so. Now I'm debating whether or not to get an Air on sale. I don't know if this is something that is hardware based or software based. If software based, I can say goodbye to Linux on Macbooks. We'll see what documentation comes up. Wat? Again, don't like the idea of force clicking. Apple is going in a very bad direction. Dieter Rams needs to publicly shame them to get them back on track.Not very fond of Silver for laptops for some reason. I find silver too bright...
Lol. +1 I think iFixit said the display assembly was completely fused together so they couldn't take apart the screen on the rMBP. Space Gray is beautiful. The silver look is boring and for me it's a bit too bright sometimes. What? Whatever, risk not worth it for now. We'll see if Apple also makes it so all of their new products come in 3 colors. That gold though...it's not gaudy but it looks like they sold their soul to the Chinese (note: I am Chinese). I'll try. I'll see...
15" will probably be waiting for Skylake. The thing most definitely needs a GTX950M too. Yuck, do not like the force touchpad because I'd like not to care about how much pressure I put into clicking on that touchpad to get OS X to do what I want it to do (but hey, shouldn't be a problem if I use Linux). Edit: Dieter Rams would probably be somewhat disappointed with Apple's recent decisions and products.
Hmm...I saw mostly Lexus. Just generally some luxury car that I don't feel like too many people care for. Display is fine. Not a big deal to me since phones have been at the pixel density race for awhile. If you're talking about its thinness you'll probably have to thank Sharp for that with the new IGZO stuff (my best guess as to who made the panel and how it's that thin). The "New Macbook" is just silly though. It's sacrificing function for form with a meh keyboard and...
Apparently luxury cars in China wasn't enough for them. Every "rich" guy there drives some sort of Lexus 90% of the time or some other brand. New trackpad actually seems god. The rest though...ehhhhh. From the few photos I saw of the interior a lot of it felt empty. Might just be that gaping area where the trackpad is supposed to go. Man...would have been nice when this thread still traveled at light speed.  +1 +1 XPS 13 is awesome, although personally I wish it was more...
I actually like key wobble, of course not extreme amounts. After you wear down the texture of the keycaps on a mac I could see it being more bearable so your fingers can slide while still actuating the switch, but with key wobble I'm able to type without worrying about poorly aimed keystrokes not registering. But that's just me. I don't notice anything in common use, maybe it bothers some people a lot.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/03/hands-on-with-the-retina-macbook-one-port-wonder/ This sounds good. Alright, so touchpad is good. Really just the keyboard now and that $79.00 adapter which is just plain silly. Edit: I just realized, are we not getting a Skylake refresh from Apple? This and the refreshed Air along with the 13" rMBP all were just refreshed with Broadwell. Hm... Since I believe Broadwell is still LGA1150 and Skylake is LGA1151, though that's land grid...