Posts by HybridCore

That's a new one.
Oh you mean the sleep light? IIRC the battery indicator holes are always visible regardless of being lit up or not.  The only lights that get the very fine laser perforation treatment are the sleep/power light (now no longer here) and the green webcam light on metal-bezel screens.  https://www.google.com/patents/US20130063972 Unfortunately that patent lasts until 2033 so we won't get to see anything else that uses it in the US. The only remaining product that uses it is...
I know most games have the worst keymappings when combined with push to talk voice chat (usually left control). It's not that uncommon nowadays for PC gamers to have really strange resting positions when they type. Mine is kind of modified too because I have pretty big hands. My 3rd and 4th finger, at least on scissor switch keyboards lies in that little groove between S and W for 4th finger and E and D for 3rd finger. 2nd finger rests on the top edge of the F key.
Lol what. What is that discrepancy. Adding a 5th finger cripples you by 30 wpm. Better cut it off. Kappa I think that still counts as touch typing though. Touch typing just refers to not having to look down at the keyboard to type. I had an upperclassmen in high school whose ready position with their left hand was WASD and he would type very slowly if he used ASDF as the ready position.
Yeah that's one of the reasons I don't like 10 fast fingers. Just trying to read the sequence of words can cause you to stumble. You can at least predict words in advance or not get confused by their ordering on something like TyprX. There also isn't really heavy use of some non-roman characters. TyprX seems to be 50/50 sometimes selecting text with a lot of those symbols. TyprX Also Selects Some Texts That Have Sentences That Do Stuff Like This for a little bit. It's a...
I messed up a lot in between but they only count completely wrong words so... Edit: 132, 122, 129 I have to say I actually like scissor switches the best over mechanical if the whole goal is to type quickly (I do best on scissors, close on rubber dome, worst on mechanical). It's probably because on mechanicals the extra travel actually ends up screwing me over because because I might accidentally cause one key to register first even though I was pressing another key...
P3 color is bigger in area than sRGB about the same as AdobeRGB is bigger than sRGB (it's slightly less) but extends towards different colors (towards red, some blues, less greens than Adobe). I mean that's how all of these percentages are calculated. But yeah the overlap between DCI-P3 and AdobeRGB is the 77% I said earlier. It'll take up too much space because the electromagnets would have to span most of the bottom of the touch bar which is already a relatively thick...
I'm pretty sure laser panels can already do Rec.2020 but they're so impractical and expensive we'll never see them at a consumer level. I'm putting all bets on QLED now that Samsung owns QD Vision. But yeah nothing can ever capture close to Rec.2020 color space. +1 SP4 is perfectly fine. We're due for a SP5 in March anyways because of the 18 month product cycle and I'm predicting a wide gamut screen. Unfortunately it'll most likely be DCI-P3 as seeing how the Surface...
Nowadays I don't see the necessity of it anymore because all day battery life and the fact that you usually keep it on most of the time. I guess it's a nice convenience feature to check when you're on sleep mode but IIRC there were only 5 increments so you can only tell multiples of 20 or so (probably shifted a bit so that having 1 light on means 10% or something unless the color changed).
I guess collateral or an unintentional side effect would be more accurate. Well we can't just look at percentages exactly because they don't tell us about the behavior of the 3 corners that are outside of the sRGB range because we only know they're further. The panel IS a wide-gamut panel. I wouldn't exactly classify it as adding more functionality because most if not all actions on the touchbar can be done on the main display/using the keyboard portion that's not the...