or Connect

Posts by HybridCore

Except that I'm saying that the nonlegislative solution for the US would be the one where culture shifts towards the stronger anti-drug approach. That's the one and extremely unpractical solution to the US in order to reduce drug use without legislation or excessive force. That's the thing that applies to the US so I'm not sure what you're pointing at here. What I'm saying doesn't apply is relaxing restrictions created by legislation around drugs which doesn't work for the...
What other things? It's a general statement saying that the only way to lower drug use without hefty legislation is to develop a culture that looks down upon it. That absolutely applies to the US because if US culture looked down really strongly upon drugs, and lets be honest they really don't considering how much popular media more or less promotes it, especially a lot of celebrities, we'd have less of an issue with it. How many other pop-culture icons or media do you see...
There's no reason in throwing out the # of reported drug users considering the fact that those are just clickbait numbers. If you look at the percentages out of the whole population the number stays more or less the same since the population increases and therefore the # of drug users will increase. If anything it's better off right now because opiates are no longer mainstream compared to way back when opium was hyper popular. It's been within a 1% margin of error for the...
 Wait what? Imagine the high school kid who's trying to be cool by letting everybody smoke his weed but secretly he's just burning a weed scented candle.   I think making people holding themselves responsible is a huge gray area though. It's going to look like another strawman here but if we hold up that logic you may as well legalize every drug. As far as I know, the law isn't strictly a blacklist or whitelist for drugs. Whatever isn't covered is a huge gray zone because...
So you would rather the smokers keep smoking and get lung cancer and also suffer all of the side effects of smoking leading up to that point? They're better off going through withdrawal for the first week or two then getting over it. It's not like the withdrawal is nearly as bad as something like heroin. It's fairly uncomfortable for maybe the first week then tapers off from what I know. And they get to save hundreds of dollars each month so if anything banning smoking...
Your argument is so broad it's stupid. By your logic there may as well be no laws because every restriction is a freedom taken away. Laws requiring licenses for guns? Take them away because gun ownership is a human right by the US constitution and shouldn't be restricted in any way. etc. And of course there's the second hand smoke like Boris has mentioned above.
What's wrong with banning smoking? The likelihood of it happening is low but I don't see why anybody would argue that banning smoking would be a bad idea. Just make sure you legalize marijuana at the same time so people have something else to smoke instead that isn't tobacco (but smells awful). Vape pens are just as bad if not worse that cigarettes apparently so... Anyways tobacco is probably higher on the human health threat list than alcohol in today's commonly available...
Wait what? The only Porsche green vehicle I remember was their Mission E concept and that looked gorgeous. http://design-milk.com/porsche-mission-new-electric-powered-concept/
Just because it applies to other countries doesn't mean it applies to the US. It's not a matter of education in these countries. If anything, citizens in these countries know relatively little about drugs compared to the US. The cultures of these countries either look down on drugs severely or the environment simply never provides a reason to go to drugs. They never focus on drugs so the topic usually isn't brought into the public eye, and since the public has little...
So giving them easy access to a gateway drug will change anything? The same amount of money spent trying to fight against marijuana now goes to an increasing population of people who use more serious drugs. Albeit now we don't have to worry about overfilling our jails because now we can deal with overfilled hospitals and dead corpses instead. XD +1 That isn't even close to an adept comparison.