or Connect

Posts by HybridCore

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/20/10802210/brave-ad-blocker-brendan-eich-tracking   Interesting.
So I just saw that Prius Impossible Girls commercial. WTF was that.
Oooo grats. XD
Just because it's newer. The price of new along with that slightly improved camera and fingerprint sensor (nonexistent in US models) apparently is worth that extra $40.It's anodized aluminium so scratches are going to show up very quickly whether you like it or not. It's better than the chrome backs of older iPods though. Yeah it's really unfortunate. It just drives user-end costs up because more proprietary hardware and it pushes headphone amps out of the equation so they...
I'm fine with the thin snap-on ones because I only need scratch protection. Dropping with a grippy case is generally something I don't have an issue with. The Case-Mate Barely There cases are pretty nice. The race for thin seems to be mostly dead. Minor complaints about thickness (like how the Z5 is thicker than the Z3+) are generally gone. It's mostly about screen resolution and color accuracy now, along with battery life. Heat is also a big concern with the 810. Same....
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-Z3-Plus-Smartphone-Review.146123.0.htmlhttp://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z3plus-review-1261p3.php If you check Notebookcheck's reviews of the current flagships, those go between 22-26 hours on idle. So 28 hours idle puts the XPERIA Z3+ in a very nice spot. Comparing the Oneplus 2 and Z3+ is weird. For some reason the Oneplus 2 has very high 3G talk times compared to the Z3+ but lower in web browsing and probably about equal in...
I'm not saying it's recommended. I just think it's the upper limit on phones. QHD already murders battery life. 1080p is the sweet spot for smartphones. At least with smartphones they scale well with higher pixel densities. It's pretty depressing that Android and Windows Phone can scale perfectly fine with 300+ ppi and desktop OS's have issues going past 200+. IIRC the only good ones are OS X and Gnome3 (maybe KDE. I haven't seen it yet).
The OnePlus 2 is fine. It's missing some stuff like MicroSD expandability and NFC. It's also a 5.5" phone which is getting quite big (since you said small, so I tried to keep it at 5.0"-ish and below). Otherwise I'd say it's a good price. For $390 you get 64GB (nonexpandable though) storage and 4GB RAM (1GB over the Xperia Z3+) but the Xperia Z3+ is smaller, has expandable storage (with a very high limit), and has longer battery life (I think). Both run near stock Android...
Not exactly sure what happened with your experience but from my experience they're really solid products now. So YMMV. Yeah, so YMMV again. I don't see anything wrong with the iPhone 6/6S for not having a FHD display. There's nothing wrong with it since the pixel density is high enough that it doesn't matter. Of course personally I would still prefer a 1080p screen on most phones, I'm absolutely with you there. 1080p feels like a minimum to me now for all devices. 4K for a...
Apparently the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy Alpha phones don't exist in your world. Fair enough. I don't see the current Samsung as being cheap in any way. All of their phones S6 and onward are very well made (and any phone in the Galaxy A series) and TouchWiz has been slimmed down a lot. The only questionable one would be the Note 5 with that stylus breaking issue (which they just fixed apparently through a hardware change) but otherwise Samsung does perfectly fine. I haven't had...