or Connect

Posts by HybridCore

They're okay in some unibody designs because removing the motherboard doesn't require too too many screws. Although the MacBook Pro ones looks like it's under this antistatic/insulator layer that's annoying to peel off so...not sure how other companies do it but I assume it's something similar to prevent the keyboard deck from getting blazing hot. But yeah usually RAM, SSD, battery, and fan/heatsink are super accessible just because 1 panel to it all.
Blessed with the presence of 3 mods? :O   Currawong, Axel, move over. You have a new roommate.
I'm sorry but are you smoking something? They both use oscilloscopes and a photodiode to measure PWM and response time. The worst difference you're going to get on the same panel and controller is a few Hz which isn't even close enough to make a difference when looking at one review over another.If you prefer Laptop Media just because it's the one you're used to and aren't sure about Notebookcheck because it's new to you so having no prior experience you don't know its...
How much do you even need this laptop. I can't tell if you need it or if you're just itching to buy something because it sounds like you need it now but then you say you can wait another 10 months.
Eh I don't think the new Inspiron 7000 Gaming looks better than the MSIs. I actually think the MSI PE/PL looks much better than the Inspiron. The lines are't as clean but it doesn't have tacky garbage like the red accents and rear exhaust grilles on the Inspiron.   http://www.tomshardware.com/news/acer-aspire-gtx-1050ti-1050,33266.html   New V Nitro's would also be a great purchase. I think the MSI's are the top tier pick for like $1200-$1300 USD though because those...
That's why I don't understand it's worth allocating money towards a more powerful GPU. If you're an art student I would assume this is basically your main machine on the go and the iPad Pro 9.7" as your companion device (and drawing tablet; there's a mirroring app I can't remember that lets you use the iPad Pros as a Cintiq-esque device) and if you're going to be lugging this thing around all the time then you should be highly prioritizing form factor. If it's a sit at...
If you have no self control it doesn't make a difference if it's League/Overwatch or Skyrim or Dark Souls. Playing games with rather constant set game times is choosing between another game or not; League is a little better because average game time if you play on Summoner's Rift is 40-60 minutes. Overwatch matches are relatively short in comparison.   The issue with games without set times per session is that you always think "just a couple more minutes" where as for...
If GPU isn't a big priority and the screen is then you should be getting a 1080p 100%sRGB IPS laptop display with an Iris 550 or some stronger iGPU since gaming isn't a priority. You're trying to balance your career with your free time. As a student I don't know why you would be spending your time playing heavier, time consuming games versus something light like say Overwatch or League.
I don't see how a 1050 is a compromise. It performs better than the 960M while using the same power draw.   And none of the budget options are remotely close to workstation laptops. They all offer worse build quality, worse panels, worse inputs.   Also I have 0 idea where your sources are but high chance is that if it isn't Notebookcheck it's pretty trash. I haven't seen other reviewers with such large coverage and such in depth reviews.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700-17ISK-80Q0-Notebook-Review.156808.0.html   You also realize that the model you chose isn't 99% sRGB either right? Also that backlight bleed so piss poor QC.   If you're really serious about going professional you probably would be spending $2000+ on a laptop for professional work as your main machine. Even at the current price bracket I'm not sure why you're trying to look for gaming laptops as an arts person. Apps like...