Posts by HybridCore

Lol by disgusting I meant disgusting in a good way.
Ryzen prices look quite disgusting if true. 14nm unsurprising. 10nm yields are still trash and they just started tooling one fab for 7nm lithography.
I mean Apple had Jim Keller for a bit. :P jk he only worked on the A4 and A5.
SoC manufacturers rarely provide drivers past 2 years because the but vendors never ask for them, and then it becomes this perpetual loop.That's why Apple's ability to design their own SoCs is so crucial because they can provide support for 3 years or longer spans.Regarding USB 3 on phones (we had a pretty long discussion about this in the thread Skype) it has the tendency to disrupt 2.4 GHz wifi signals. I think the new MBPs are actually reported to have WiFi issues when...
It's slightly better now; still like 2-3 months delay for Nougat rollout on some flagship phones from what I saw. It feels like the community builds came out faster. 4S got 9, mb. Still ran like crap on it. I actually kind of want to get a Lumia 920 just because of how beautiful it is, and I don't really use my S5 for much. It might be problematic since the bus apps for schools with working bus systems don't support anything outside of the big 2 (for obvious reasons). I...
2 years is essentially the hard limit on Android because that's how Google's Nexus program worked (I don't know if it's still the same policy with Pixel but I'm sure it's the same); 2 years of full OS updates then up to something like 1-1.5 years of additional security updates. Yeah that's the one part Apple does a good job of. Unfortunately it's an on paper thing because they might have the newest software but the hardware is nowhere near capable enough to run it smoothly...
+1 Better to RMA especially since this is a new unit.
I usually just wipe the entire drive. I don't really find the Dell Factory Restore Image all that useful.   The only extra stuff the factory image includes is all the extra necessary drivers and etc. along with the bloatware. You're better off making your own restore image partition with the drivers preinstalled or just go to the support page and just mass download the drivers every time you have to clean install (which should be never; just do the Windows 10 Refresh...
I think LineageOS is looking to bring Nougat to the S5 as well. I think they did it with the S3 already? I'd need to check, but I believe Lineage OS 14.1 (Nougat platform) is on the Galaxy S3.
Considering it's almost 3 years old I wouldn't really call that close to new anymore. General computation devices age very quickly. Past 2 years is basically EOL.