Posts by Nomad

Really? I have a mint L3000G (I only used it for a few hours in order to compare it with my L3000s). I kept it as "spare L3000" if something ever happens to my L3000s. I didn't know they were going for that price.   I barely enter Head-Fi anymore (a shame... so busy...). I did today to check how these new AT fare against the L3000s. For the looks of it, the L3000s signature will be on top for me but I will have to try them to make sure...   BTW... The L3000 are still my...
Thanks ast! I really look forward to your impressions on the SR-009 and the HE90!   I couldn't agree more. Stating at least amps used while comparing cans should be standard practice when we are talking at this level. We are not comparing cans straight from an ipod! (Nothing wrong with that. I love my AT ESW10. They are amazing. And almost mini-MDR10s from an AT DHA3000)     Good luck. I can't speak for the SR009 but I can tell you that the most forgiving system I ever...
  Ditto on the PS1 and L3000. Couldn't agree more.    
Thanks akwok. Good to see some familiar names after all this time.   The HD800 is promising but I can't comment much on them as I only heard them from a Earmax Pro Anniversary Edition, being my only amp in Spain at the moment. I'd say they almost sound better from the headphone output of a Rotel integrated amp. Still, I was expecting a bit more. I think I prefer the HE60 to them. I wish Senn was reissuing their electrostats.   I like the K701 but they can't...
I've been away from this hobby for a while and I have no experience with Orthos. I'm very intrigued by them. I might get a LCD-2 soon...   Funny thing is I was thinking about downsizing lately. This place is evil.
I wrote some impressions in the thread below. Hope it helps:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/572147/revisiting-some-classic-cans  
The L3000s are not easy to describe. I saw you asking around if they are the ulitimate basshead can. I guess that depends on your concept of basshead. If you are talking about pimped car bass I'd go for the PS1s. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean offense. I love the PS1s and I think they are amazing. Heck, I have two! Just that the (mostly mid) bass can be too prominent sometimes. A pity as they do so many things right...   The L3000s are more about rich bass that goes low...
    Hey! You are still here! And a moderator now! Cool! Yes, the HD650 are a great value. We should all be grateful for them. So are the amazing K1000, considering the fact that you might already have a suitable amp for them on your speaker setup. Sometimes we get blinded by expensive options when actually an H650, RS1 or K1000 are absolutely top choices for some cases. I'll go further... some big boys would have trouble taking on a humble SR225 for rock and some others...
  It's been almost 3 years since last time I used most of my cans. So after unboxing I listened to them for at least 8 hours at day in continuous back and forth with all kind of music during two weeks. I thought I should share some impressions as I always loved posts from people talking about different gear in the same context. I won't be discussing other cans I have abroad at the moment (OmegaII, HE60, HD800...). Only the ones I used extensively during these two weeks...
Haha! Lucky you. I get a good fit sometimes but still the sound tends to be a bit thin. I can see that they are amazing so I still keep them. They do rival or best even my R10s too sometimes.   Finally after years I had mega-sessions these days with some of my cans. I can't understand how every time I prepare the Orpheus I end listening way (way) more the SR-Omegas, even from a humble 717. The Orpheus is amazing but after several hours you get a bit tired of perhaps...