Posts by Dubstep Girl

i found the ps1000 to be unbearibly harsh and very bright, but it does vary with setups, i've heard the hd 800 sound very warm with some tube amps, but also shrill with others.  the ps1000s are generally peakier and brighter than the hd 800 though. with the right setup though the ps1000 are pretty nice headphones especially if you enjoy the grado sound.
Would be nice to get an msrp though, i really do not like that they havent said anything about that.

yeah the ebay ones seem like normal consumer ones. anyways glad i got them 3 times cheaper than the ebay ones... interesting seeing them up for sale though, they won't last long, and price will keep rising as they are getting rarer, they might be 596 prices in a year or so.
i got a really good price on them, this tube sounds very good. its tubey and musical, very well balanced. not the most detailed or most holographic or nuanced but it does everything very well balanced its hard to find any flaws in the tubes.    its no WE422A but it sounds very good on the glenn amp 
 10.50$ each i was gonna buy all 7 they had in stock but i only bought 5.  now i might put some up for sale soon, like 1-2 tubes, i have way too many rectifiers.  sounds a little different than the NIB "JAN general electronics rk60" i got as well. the raytheon seems slightly warmer perhaps.   btw...... omg someone just put some for sale on ebay!!! these look like they have nicer boxes than mine. but mine where in those cream colored boxes with the original packaging still...
 10.50$ each i was gonna buy all 7 they had in stock but i only bought 5.  now i might put some up for sale soon, like 1-2 tubes, i have way too many rectifiers.  sounds a little different than the NIB "JAN general electronics rk60" i got as well. the raytheon seems slightly warmer perhaps.   btw...... omg someone just put some for sale on ebay!!! these look like they have nicer boxes than mine. mine must of been like bulk or...
 yeah, its a $5500 amp. not many reviews out there though, i don't think many people have it, mostly price + the fact that its pretty new and no1's really heard of it yet.  its the best i've ever heard with he-500 though, they sounded so romantic and tubey, alot of emotion in the sound, very euphonic and transparent as well. it would of fooled me into thinking the he-500 cost more like 2-3k$.
 i found the same thing with my WA6-SE.  the LCD-2 sounded very good on it especially with the 596, probably the best i've heard them sound short of the GSX MK2. but the LCD-3 didn't impress me as much, the synergy was different and it didn't impress me as much.
i just opened them up, the paper itself is completely untampered too, i think i'm the first to open these, like totally NIB.