Posts by Dubstep Girl

im gonna have to agree with his comparison, from people i trust, i've heard mixed things about Studio Six, whereas I hear alot of praise for WA5 and I believe it now. I don't think any upgraded tubes would help the Studio Six out that much, and the Wa5 sounds a tons better with upgraded tubes. If you are buying WA5 or considering it but can't afford upgraded tubes (at least $500-600 for mid-level tubes, not necessary to spend thousands on ultra premium NOS tubes), you...
  i was about to mention. similar thing on the 422A rectifier, and well now i guess its also on very few 421A's I thought all 421A where like 5998 with the darker plates, in your pic, one of them is the older grey plate tube. im guessing maybe only really early 421'a had it or something.  for comparison, on the 422A rectifier, the lighter grey plate is from the 50s and sounds slightly better than the 60s version. they're almost identical, but i think the grey plate looks...
  That's the whole point of them, we don't always want a high end kinda sound, some music (rap, pop, electronic) works very well with the TH-900 bass and theres not many products in the market that can get it right, good fun mainstream sound, but with transparency, transients, and detail that only an audiophile headphone can deliver. I really wish there where more headphones like the TH-900 out there. I think its worth every penny and definitely belongs up there with the...
RK60.... and 6F8G...
 all woo amps are like this I think. the WA6-SE is veiled and congested with grain with stock tubes, the WA2 is too muddy with stock tubes, the WA22 is colored and has a weird treble bite to it with stock tubes, a somewhat shouty midrange similar to WA6-SE, and the WA5 stock sounded pretty bad too, the detail and presence was there, but the sound was still unrefined, especially the treble. woos are meant to be tube rolled and upgraded. I really wish jack would put...
yes!!
 +1 The Glenn OTL is VERY good with HD 800, about the same level as a WA2. The Glenn OTL has the advantage of being able to drive many different headphones, from TH-900s to power hungry Audeze and Hifiman as well as HD 800/T1/ etc...
same tube as far as i know.   you can even add Western Electric 421A to that list as well 
  out of all the 5R4GY i've tried, the Brimar is by far the best and the definitive version of the 5R4GY tube type.  (I do not like RCA or Philips 5R4GY).Its too slow sounding for me, but its actually a very nice tube.
lol missed it by a week.     good luck Prosperone!