Posts by Dubstep Girl

+1
  I would not recommend the WA22 with the upgraded tubes jack offers i find the tung sol 5998 better than his tung sol 7236 offering. also the 7236 isn't worth $160 a pair imo. the 6sn7 are overepriced, you can find other nos tubes that are much better for the price. sophia is good but theres alot of really nice ones out there for much much less, you could spend like 300$ and get decent tubes over the woo audio offerings. buying the recommended ones from woo would be...
ill rebuy them later need money right now though
putting my th-900s up for sale so i can buy something else in the meantime. bought them about a year ago, 8/10 condition, just a few small paint chips on the black paint, near the corners. other than that, no scratches. Cups are flawless i dont see any scratches or anything on them. the cable is in great shape and the connector is still shiny and everything. leather looks great, no rips, tears, scruffs, or scratches, etc. these have been used for only a few hundred...
 sure no prob.
I'm in!!!   as long as nothing changes I'll bring in my HE-6 with GSX MK2 / Speaker Amp / as well as WA5 which sounds incredible with the HE-6.   Th-900 or HD 800 should be able to make it in as well. we'll see what i have by then. 
no as i haven't even heard WA5 and HD 800 myself, gotta buy an Hd 800 in the coming weeks, hopefully i can wait another month since i'm working afternoons midnights the next couple weeks and them i'm on shift for like 2 weeks straight, it can wait
Just tried CV 593 on the WA5, wow!!!    This tube jsut keeps blowing me away, its pretty much just as good as the U52, maybe slightly less nuanced, but everything about it is so good, perfect tonal balance and the bass is really nice.
   im gonna have to agree with his comparison, from people i trust, i've heard mixed things about Studio Six, whereas I hear alot of praise for WA5 and I believe it now. I don't think any upgraded tubes would help the Studio Six out that much, and the Wa5 sounds a tons better with upgraded tubes. If you are buying WA5 or considering it but can't afford upgraded tubes (at least $500-600 for mid-level tubes, not necessary to spend thousands on ultra premium NOS tubes), you...
  i was about to mention. similar thing on the 422A rectifier, and well now i guess its also on very few 421A's I thought all 421A where like 5998 with the darker plates, in your pic, one of them is the older grey plate tube. im guessing maybe only really early 421'a had it or something.  for comparison, on the 422A rectifier, the lighter grey plate is from the 50s and sounds slightly better than the 60s version. they're almost identical, but i think the grey plate looks...