Posts by Dubstep Girl

yeah seems like straight base is easier to get in.
am I the only one that is unimpressed by the EML 5U4G in general?Its a decent tube vs the cheaper options out there, but isnt in the same league as the U52. The U52 destroys it. Ive never heard it on a Stratus, but then again, I have never considered the U52 to have less bass than EML, nor have I ever felt the U52 to have loose or fat low end.
 any of those great rectifiers suits the T1 well. U52, Cossor, and 422A... TS 5998 power tubes for sure, 6F8G, ken rad, or brimars.
6ew7
WA2
  this makes sense, i'm assuming the sound is very warm and full with 6EM7 and EMLs?  Sophia with 6EM7 should be very muddy if i recall correctly.   I think the EML is slightly better than Sophia overall, but the Sophia tends to have a better bass response though missing the tightness of the EML. EML is more 3D but Sophia has bigger soundstage. I like the sophia and i am ok with the EML, Good choices for WA6-SE rectifiers but I wouldn't recommend them for other amps per se.
 yeah mine are stock, with velours. i do enjoy the pleathers but the velours are more accurate.
  this. i do like their build quality, but the sound..
  the build quality is pretty impressive, but their sound... i just don't feel that they are worth the money. to me the sound signature was quite warm and the headphones themselves reminded me of the bower and wilkins p7 alot.. LOL.  anyways, me calling them garbage definitely stirs up some trouble     hifiman really needs to get their build quality up... and maybe make a piano black pair of HE-560.