Posts by Dubstep Girl

I preferred RS1i on WA6-SE over PS1000 on WA6-SE as well.   of course now with the new e grados, maybe i'll give them both another go. someday...   many people do however swear by the WA6-SE / PS1000 combo
 5U4G worked well for me, but it does run them a little hot and i think glenn said it can't handle the current like some of the other rectifiers. the only exception was EML 5U4G which isn't as robust as the older NOS tubes and will probably not live very long in the Glenn amp. 274B is definitely not compatible though.
EML 5U4G worked ok but i only tried it briefly (like 10-20 minutes), don't know about longer use. i probably wouldn't risk it knowing its a delicate flimsy little tube and the fact that i know the glenn otl runs some tubes really hot.    the 274B eml didn't work at all, it sparked a bit actually and it looked like it ran really hot, didn't leave it in there for more than a few seconds. im sure sophia would have similar effect.
price drop 1050 shipped
hmm maybe the PS1000e will be good now.
oh weekend of the 21st
 omg awesome!  any chance of making the ChiUniFi meet?   the sweetness/emotional-ness is the reason i love GEC tubes! only the 422A comes close, though I feel like the 422A has a slightly more neutral and more "reference" tube sound, still sweet though. I've never been a big fan of EML 5U4G, it feels a little too warm (not in a thick kinda way, not in a sweet kinda euphonic way, but rather in a colored kinda way), the treble extends but doesn't seem as good as some of the...
 +1  that eml is bottlenecking that tube combo, toss it and throw in a U52, metal mullard gz34, or WE 422A to really hear what the WA22 can do  
theres only one...
pathetic for them to price them at $175 ea, thats 421A pricing and not even worth it at all.