Posts by bassgroove

The budget is relatively immaterial.  However, common sense dictates that having not heard any of them I do not know the difference between a $2000 pair of customised 8.As and a £600 C4.   I believe isolation is about the same on all of them, so it comes down to build and sound quality compared to price.  I looked at Spiral Ears but there appeared to be no way to order on their website and I hear them compared to the LCD-2s which has quite a dark tone from what I...
Well, I already have the impressions done.  Luckily the guidance for all three is the same.  I know Fedex ships to the UK in 2 days!  I know this because of the CLAS -dB I got a few weeks ago and I was very impressed by it, but UPS and others it can take about a week.   Yeah, I am aware a bad fit is possible...  :-(   That's just one of those crapshoots in life.  As I say, worst case I take away my ED8s, which is not that bad a worst case, is it...  Just means an...
So, the short list is pretty simple:   1:  Heir Audio 4.A 2:  JH Audio 13 Pro 3:  Frogbeats C4   The problem is they all have pros and cons, not just the CIEMs themselves, but getting them, comparing them, choosing one.  I work offshore and am about to go away for a few months and have the option to rush a job and probably get them in time, or wait until I get back and take my Ultrasone Edition 8s with me (which are awesome but not brilliantly portable for a...
I agree...  that is shameful.  
My current 6SN7... :-)  
I have a range of 6SN7 variants I use in my customised Icon Audio HP8 Mark II.  They are an excellent source of help and advice in relationship to tubes and sell a broad range, their headphone amps are also out of this world, paired with my Schiit DAC the sound output is sumptuous.   http://www.iconaudio.com/audio-valves/    
For people interested in any of these components, here's a quick review:   retina MacBook Pro using Fidelia and ALAC files S/P DIF optical output Schiit Bifrost DAC Icon Audio HP8 MkII headphone amp with upgraded tubes and Jensen Capacitors Ultrasone Edition 8 Limited   I was reticent about some of the mix of these components as some people said that tubes don't go well with the ultrasone cans.  Others said that the headphones clamped around...
Well, thanks for that lead.  I have read about these planar magnetic drives and can say that I would really like to give them a listening session.  The Audeze LCD3 sounds like an amazing headphone.  I wonder if my WA7 Firefly would drive them well enough...   They may have to go on the shopping list.   I wonder if a kind of hybrid headphone with planar magnetic bass, electrostatic mids and trebles would be feasible...  Hmmm...
When I was a kid, about 30 years ago, I had an uncle we went to see, he lived far away and died young so I only ever saw him once.  He had some large wooden speakers, a large stack of hifi separates and while the adults talked about stuff in the kitchen he put some music on for me.   It is, to this day, the only time I remember hearing bass that seemed to transcend reality.  So hollow, transparent and light yet also deep and expanded, like it had fractured reality...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-RARE-and-highly-prized-SONY-MDR-D77s-eggos-/170686029189?pt=UK_Consumer_VintageAudio_RL&hash=item27bdae1d85   Hi there I was told for some reason that I cannot post in the market place forum so, instead, here is a place I can post.  Apologies for it being slightly in the wrong place.