or Connect

Posts by pigmode

You can tell a vintage Flite by the acute angle of the seat rails. With it I couldn't use the Dura Ace scandium seatpost on a 74d sta, because it overran the short rear contact points with only about 2-3 grooves touching. I desperately ordered a Centaur which turned out to be one of my favorites of all time. These were my last two early 90 vintage--bought new locally.    
First relax was to post Jungle Boogie, lol.    
  My listening space is acoustically compromised as it is, so I'm sticking with the 305. Tweeter to ear distance while at the computer is 32", maximum would be 45".  My LSR310S should arrive in a week or two. Not sure if it would be helpful to set the LF Trim to -2dB, as the manual gives little reference to how to use than control.
Any opinions on a Montblanc 146, which I'm considering instead of an L2K? *Possibly* a pre owned Bordeaux late model--otherwise a new one in black. Are current production still worth it? Any recommended pre owned sellers?       This one doesn't ship to Hawaii.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/111763853052?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT       There's this one as...
Lots of good stuff in this thread.      
Have wanted a Lamy 2000 FP for a long time, as much for the bauhaus design as for a new pen. I'm thinking there's a 15% chance I'll want to get the nib tuned up, and other than in reviews the Lamy piston system hasn't been known for Toyota/Lexus QC.   Guess I could go for a Platinum Chartes Blue/Rhodium 3776, but want to get away from Japanese design this time out. Of course I could save a bunch by getting the 2000 rollerball version. :O) Still a tuned Lamy 2000 FP is a...
Great review. Came close to ordering an LSR310S today, but the idea popped up of replacing my LSR305 with LSR308, and needed to be looked into first before finally being rejected. If If there was more space in from of the desk, the 308 might have worked. Imo 5" monitors are borderline acceptable in terms of size for desktop mounting, but the JBL's sound so-o-o good. 
  Steve Potts is still building frames. I think I heard he moved the shop out of his garage recently.
  Sweet. If I'm ever able to get back on the road, I'm liking the idea of an Ibis Hakkalugi with flat bars. Shimano MTB groupset with short cage clutch RD and road cassette, 
I've been running the LSR 305 > Anedio D2 for a few weeks, and plan to order the LSR310S as soon as the end-of-year deals start rolling out. Although slightly smaller dimensions (and price) would have been preferred, simplicity of set up and sound integration became the deciding factor. Can't wait!