Posts by pigmode

Francis, may I ask what your portable source would be?
^ Very good. 
HahHa Silent, that's the story of my riding life!
I have a pristine early 2000 ER4s coming in a a few weeks. Any differences to current versions?
[[SPOILER]] Francisk, impressive unit! Are you using it as a portable, transportable, or a home unit? I'm trying to read up on it now. Would you say the DBA 02 MKII is responding primarily to the amplification, the DAC, or both?I'm currently pretty uninformed about portable equipment. Been pretty happy with my (older ver.) UE700 straight through a MacBook Pro, but found it to sound pretty thin out of an ipod Shuffle.P.S. I may stop off on the way home to pick up an ipod...
Mine should arrive at the end of the week. At this point how things develop upstream is beyond me.
I'm finally going portable. Will soon be ordering a Mission Workshop Fitzrroy (b-i-i-i-g backpack), so weight/space is a premium (more or less). Price point? Not sure, but want something that matches my IEMs. Will be using Apple lossy files. P.S. Can you direct me to Jude's earlier TV videos where he reviews a portable amp/dac player? An all-in-one unit would seem to be the best solution, but I don't know what's out there so will keep an open mind. Oh, check my profile...
Here's the more informative manufacturers link. although as a dual use light (bicycle, and any other heavy-duty use) its a bit unwieldy in hand, it just might work out. Otherwise I'll be looking at a Jetbeam PA40 or something in its class.    In the meantime I'm now researching a more compact light in the 250-300 lm range.   http://www.lupine.de/products/flashlights/piko_tl_minimax/#
I was so close to ordering one, but need time off the road to heal a bulged disc at l4-l5. The plan is to make the Wabi my go to roadbike, at least until I start climbing hills again.