or Connect

Posts by pigmode

Bummers.  If any friendly Grado aficionado feel the need to down-scale--feel free to contact me for an RS-1/RS1i in excellent cond. :)
   I received an email response from LP Gear, stating my payment has been refunded, and checking pp indeed it has. Hope you have better luck!
Thanks! I'll definitely leave some impressions.  Ya gotta love it! 
 Ah progress. I just sent payment on the GS-1 in Head-Fi Classified, with dact/dynalo+ modules. Crazy. :O)
  Have you received any word yet? I haven't, other than the first email from LP Gear. My CC shows charge pending.
  Not great cinema but great entertainment. Funny-- although the constant reuse of themes he's already used too many times gets boring. Uma Thurman's feet are not sexy. "The Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei" including the adjunct with Elle Driver was brilliant. Best delivered line - Darryl Hannah: "That's right, I killed your master." Sonny Chiba scene was cool.
   When I had brother's RS-1 Classic with my Headamp GS-1/Anedio D1 system, he also sent along his Grado RA-1. I thought the RA-1 acquitted itself very well. Its probably not worth the going rate at retail (or even some used prices), but I thought it added a bit of richness to the RS-1 sound that I really liked. 
  Thanks kayandjohn. I've enjoyed both your and stacker45's posts--very helpful.         So have I. It said "Only 2 left in stock" when I ordered 1 hr ago, and apparently they don't update automatically. Unexpected purchase, yes. Not surprising though, as I think I've been moving in this direction since 2011.     http://www.head-fi.org/t/530965/grado-fan-club/1050#post_7778062
I agree that with classical the RS-2i is excellent with solo or smaller ensemble pieces. Not that you won't enjoy works with a full orchestra, where it actually does quite well. Otoh from an audiophile perspective there will be a degree of congestion. I listen to a lot of classical and my go to is the Senn ie800.    Am currently listening to Bach Concerto No. 2, Hahn/Kahane, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Most excellent. The RS-2i brings the harpsichord through very...
   There's only one left.