or Connect

Posts by pigmode

Anyone else buying into the hobby-tastic concept of pursuing the quest for grail pens (pen)?
   Nice. Is that an Austrian Steyr?
  Whoa, good going on the Headamp order! Can't wait till you get it!  Don't get me wrong I'm very well enjoying my Grado RS-2i in its own right, and  in time could even try to upgrade it to an RS-1. I did in fact build this system up as Grado specific, and all in appreciation of what I liked in the Grado RS line. Underlying all this however, is an effort to try to avoid spending the cash for a system I think is worthy of the HD800. Now my system as it exits today will...
  So there is no one out there who is reliable, and provides the service of a cable switch-a-roo on Grado?
  '05 Chorus/Record, with Chorus FD, RD, SP. That Record Hubset was the best 10sp type!  Probably the best shifting Ergopower I've had.  I still have an early 90's Vanadium Max Flite.  P.S. I came so close to picking up a Duende in the same color scheme as yours from Bikyle. One of my big regrets was letting the EOM 16.5 Duende go. It had been very much abused in its former lives, and I wanted a nicer keeper. Absolutely my favorite road frame. When my patellar tendinitis...
The Bordeaux in the third link above is from a bonafide Montblanc dealer called Handelshaus Rheinländer, but I decided to moderate my MB quest for the time being. On order is a black/platinum SkyWalker ball point. Expected delivery date is 3-7 weeks--yikes! 
  And a fixed-gear as well. I'll have to admit not having fully broken in that custom (for me) Spectrum, as I'd ordered and built it in anticipation of a timely but failed recovery from patellar tendonitis on both sides. From 300mi or so, I'd opine Tom built me a winner. IIRC that's Imron Candy Apple Red with met. silver undercoat, which shows through the stenciled lettering. When I sold it I knew that would be a bike I'd never be able to rebuild.
   You can tell a vintage Flite by the acute angle of the seat rails. With it I couldn't use the Dura Ace scandium seatpost on a 74d sta, because it overran the short rear contact points with only about 2-3 grooves touching. I desperately ordered a Centaur which turned out to be one of my favorites of all time. These were my last two early 90 vintage--bought new locally.