or Connect

Posts by pigmode

Agree. A longer cable would allow one to stand at the desk to check adjacent file cabinets etc, without extreme caution. 
  S-w-e-e-t. 
  Agree about the cable--its kind of idiotic how much weight they put on what are basically lightweight HP's.  Earpads I can deal with as I mostly listen for short periods at high-ish volumes.  What I like about the Grado RS-1/RS-2 is the balance of their tonality, and how they present the upper-mids and highs. 
  The mid-range with the RS-2i out of the GS-1 sounds pretty sweet overall. It seems sometimes the upper-mids will shoutdown the rest, but that's just splitting hairs. The IE800 is still my #1, but the RS-2i w/ GS-1+ has some stuff it does nicer. Of course I'm still in the learning phase with this set up.
   Thanks. I'd still like a bit more richness (euphonia) in the midrange. I'm only guessing but that is what I hope the RS-1 will bring to the table. Imho the RS-1/RS-2 do not work well with mediocre recording. Perhaps later I should possibly look into a (NOS) DAC upgrade.  I came back to Head-Fi for the sole purpose of looking for a new set of IEM only , and now I have a:- Senn IE800- Anedio D2- Headamp GS-1 amp w/ DACT/dynalo+- Grado RS-2i    Seriously considering:-...
Addition of the Headamp GS-1+ Amp, has made my acquisition of an RS-1 *less urgent*. The GS-1 has given my RS-2i a slightly fuller sound-- one that is a bit more weighty than it was through the Anedio D2 built-in amp. I tend to think the higher treble balance of the RS-2 would not have suit my preferences, before the HF hearing loss I began experiencing a few years ago. Not that I'm totally giving up on the pursuit of an RS-1--the thought of a potential 1% improvement...

Same listing, same seller. Here's the earlier auction which was ended by seller (not sold on eBay). http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-RS1i-headphones-/131575418266?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=yddE%252F7HnWOlCnY1drhmi4GaL0L0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
The same RS-1i at ebay has been relisted, but at a $40 higher price. I'm letting this one pass.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-RS1i-headphones-/131587668359?