Posts by NoahZ

It's the holidays (and also my birthday) so I'm looking to upgrade from my Shure SE215's. I like them but I'm having some cable issues and I just generally want to upgrade.   I'm looking at the Aurvana 3, GR07 MK2, and Klipsch X10. I primarily listen to a lot of rock/alternative/punk, and a little electronic/dubstep. I like the sound of my SE215's but would like a slightly bigger soundstage and a bit more detail/clarity. I can get the Aurvana for $87, the GR07 for...
The cable on my Shure SE215's, after quite a lot of use, is starting to break and stab my ears due to some memory wire problems. I know I can replace the cable, but with the holidays (and my birthday!) coming up I have a little money coming my way and I think I may just give in and upgrade.   I'm looking at the VSonic GR07 MK2 and the UE TripleFi 10. I know they're really popular on here. Between the two, what would you recommend? I like my SE215's but I want some...
This made me laugh out loud:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0019RBJOE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new   The prices under "Featured Merchants" start out reasonable. Then increase. Then more. Then the last one on the list is $100,000. I can't begin to comprehend this.   Also I'm  considering buying TF10's this holiday season. I own Shure SE215's and love them but am starting to want an upgrade. I've read about some quality issues but for the most...
Haha okay they're going in the trash. They're truly groty, if I decide I need mediums instead of smalls I'll just buy a new pair.
I bought my Shure IEMs probably 8 months ago. I could never get the tips off, and I was perpetually afraid of freezing them. Today I finally got sick and tired of disgusting headphones, though, and decided to pop them in the freezer. Who would've thought doing the one thing everyone told me to do would actually work?   I removed the medium tips and put on a pair of small ones which seem to fit about the same, though I may wind up going back to the mediums. My...
May I ask, where is everyone getting the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 for $100? I'm searching like crazy, I can't find them under $150. Can someone toss me a link or something? Literally everyone says they go for about a hundred bucks, but I have yet to find them for that ANYWHERE and I'd really like to consider buying them (which is hard if I can't find a place selling them!)
Right now, you can find the Shure SE215 online for as low as $80, more commonly about $90. I know this is a little over your budget, but I'd say consider it nonetheless. I absolutely love mine, and it SERIOUSLY blocks noise. They're also very comfortable, the Shure olives are very comfy if they fit you (generally most people don't seem to have trouble with their fit), and they really provide a lot of isolation. And in terms of sound quality, I think they're pretty great....
I'm in the market for a similar thing at the moment. Some that I'm looking at are:   AKG K450 Phiaton PS230 (or a higher end Phiaton that actually has noise cancelling, if your budget allows for it) Klipsch Image ONE Audio Technica ETH ES55   I can't vouch for any of these, it's just that my searching has narrowed down my options for a closed portable to those. I'd be curious to see what others can say based on actual experience.
My experience was that Monster has done multiple versions but not necessarily updated the boxing. I bought new Turbines off Amazon a while back. I got the older angled plug, two cases, and all the tips. The outside of the box showed that they had an adjuster for the cord (no version has had that), and a different plug (some versions do). I'd say contact Monster with pics and possibly a description, if you're very worried.
I'd like to throw the Ultrasone PRO 550 into the ring. First of all, it'd be under your price ceiling (it tends to go for around $150). Second, I've used it for the past several months, and I love it. It's super comfortable, it has a good strong low end, but it has an overall balanced sound signature. It also has a massive soundstage, which makes it really fun to listen to in a variety of applications. Regardless of your amping situation, I find it is easily driven by my...