Posts by firev1

The ODAC comes up to me as a definite step above the UD110mk2 ime but depending on setup can be more difficult to get it working properly(mine loses lock easily). The UD110mk2 does its job at its price and is extreme value for money still though. I would spring for the CDAC+ straight alway. The ODAC benefits from isolation and power supply though not as much as the UD110mk2 which scales a lot less.
Well, I had loaners from my friends which I kept for a pretty long time. 
My measurements are on the pirate's site and its pretty difficult to get me to A/B stuff I do not have atm :3 
I did some testing for 3 players, Ibasso's DX50/90 and the Ipod 4g and they show different problems, some of them has marginal jitter performance(low frequency jitter) and the DX50 has marginal IMD performance. Choice of DACs like the 9018 can determine the signature of the DAP, even if the distortion discreetly measure below the threshold of audibility, I do believe the sum of distortion is audible to users. 
Reserved slot.
Hi guys, I'm a headphone(duh) guy in Singapore where most of us there are more into IEMs or High-End Hifi(at least imo) rather than the headphone scene. Recently, I helped a friend of mine repair his Alo Continental and as it turns out, he happened to be distributing some hardy headphone cases via distributor Far Tech Enterprise as well. So just a disclaimer, I was passed these samples for review by my friend. Those who bought some mid or hi-end headphones like Hifiman,...
Yea, master clock is an external crystal oscillator. Lower phase noise I reckon, and of course less drifting since the clock is 20ppm. 
Timing is externally provided, see U8. Them lytics look like the good kind. I would love to see the sort of improvements it makes on FFT, I have seen some good with USB isolators, I expect this to be somewhat similar or with high hopes, better.
My meet impressions:   Schiit amps with the Uber Bifrost : This time I really like their line up, I tested the Valhalla 2 and Lyr 2 with the HD800s. The Valhalla 2 for its price has no major flaws and is one of the few amps that I really enjoyed with the HD800, the Lyr though was slightly aggressive sounding but resolves bass tighter than the Valhalla, I could imagine these characteristics would go really well with Ortho bass. Really had fun and took up a bunch of time...
Nice to see progress coming along! I posted on the ODAC thread about the possible benefits of USB isolation so I believe in their usage. As for testing, single laptops in my experience are really not idea for RMAA testing of these devices. What you really want ideally separate laptops for testing or in some others case, separating the interfaces(soundcard PCI and generator/DAC on USB). This is to avoid ground loop issues. I usually have 2 laptops on battery for testing.