Posts by firev1

Looks like nothing could be done on the highs but the thickness does indeed cause the 'closed in' feeling in the sound. Just tried the IM70 profile with Golden Ear's Accudio app with -2db on the vocals, sounds much nicer but I think it reveal a little of the resonances up top as well, will have to listen more.
Yeah after a while that you mention that, I agree. I would put it down to the strong lows reproduction of the IM70. It sounds closed due to the lack of highs or air but feels like the lows feel very large(like large drums in a hall). I should also mention that higher mids->lower treble are not its strong suit as well so female vocals may sound very slightly strained/nasal of sorts.
You have to plug it into an amp, without music playing, the UD110mk2 is not that great in noise.
Plays 32 bit just fine, in win 7 64 bit. The driver does not report the bitrates correctly to windows panel but it works with WASAPI at least. Works on foobar as well. The device won't work in 24 bit mode. You have to set your player to present data in the 32 bit package. In directsound, you are limited to 16 bit.
Here are my two cents worth for my findings with my IM70 >50hrs at least.   Bass: Slams hard and very physical, not overblown and does not obscure the mids. Mids: Very nice, sounds correct to say the least Treble: rough, it is not the strong point of this IEM to say the least. Lacks air. Soundstage: Very closed sounding to me compared to say, a CK100 Detail: Not a particularly revealing IEM but clear sounding enough for me, greyish blackground that does not work well...
Just refering to the Zana Deux, which is a SET and OTL amp. Low output impedance is achieved by global feedback(nfb) or else it would be 90 ohms. So SET and OTL are not mutually exclusive.   OTL and OCL are more of the coupling methods used to achieve blocking of DC from getting into your headphones. Zana Deux for example is OTL but is capacitor coupled to achieve DC blocking. Transformer coupled tube amps are generally OCL.   I think push pull is best explained...
Probably the knowledge, especially with regards to which distortions weigh more on the human hearing, even now its not really known. Soundstage IME is a very real thing though, imo phase and harmonic distribution has the most to do with it along with other factors.   I tend to think that some designers would focus on a few electrical parameters they would want to optimise and see whether it sticks in the subjective listening experience as there is a lack of correlation...
Read the graphs on THD+N vs Max output power, specifies power for 15 - 600 ohms. 
I feel slightly guilty for missing the chance to try them a few weeks back, especially since I was pretty excited about it since the beginning. Kind of wondering what kind of monster we helped in creating.
  Don't be stupid, if you add a few db of bass to TF10s already bloated bass, of course you will get distortion(TF10 by itself already has a long bass decay)! EQ done correctly as others have noted can help to really improve fidelity and can help lessen stored energy issues. Certainly not the cure all but a valuable tool.