Posts by bobeau

RE: $$ I hear ya... but there seem to be a fair amount of head-fiers with like a half dozen or more kilobuck IEMs.  Thought we'd be hearing from at least a few more sr. members receiving both by now.  Looking forward to Shigzeo's review. Point taken on Jude's experience, of which I'm in the same boat. In any case, not *looking* to stir stuff up - but I was going to to wait until the summer to see how the current new IEM landscape shook out (ie. Roxannes vs. K10 vs....
It seems like just about all recent impressions (ie. over last month) have been universally positive, pretty much correlating with the lack of reports in backlog/CS issues.  It's quite a shift.  It almost seemed to start right around the time Mimoulle received his and had an about face regarding JH Audio (hah... j/k... maybe sorta).   In particular, I was hoping to see more feedback on the Roxannes vs. K10s.  Two high-profile/experiened CIEM owners strongly prefer the...
 Yeah... the biggest issue is it seems 9am is ideal for ultimate clarity/transparency, but I just want bit more oomph sometimes.  It seems to be the happy medium for what I listen to.  
I've settled at 10am after spending plenty of time (over a week or so each) IIRC at 2pm, 8am, 9am, 11am, 12pm, 9am again.  I haven't touched the dial in about a month now.  
 Wait - so you're saying you're using an alternate cable?  Is it home made?
 I listenened to the 13/16 demos against my CIEM Roxannes at the SoCal meet, in addition I own TG!334s.  I would say they all give me an impression of being more sparkly than the Roxannes - that said, I'm not so sure that means there is actually more treble content/detail.  For instance, the Roxannes clearly have more extension than 334s beyond 10k.   Tupac and I differ on this point, but my take is the Roxannes were tuned with an emphasis on reducing any stridency in the...
 Is there an ETA of when this will be available?
 I did get to listen to this at the SoCal meet: http://iconosquare.com/p/682784221883136125_225341405 Unfortunately can't say much about it as I only spent 5 minutes w/ it.  Not really into the value prop of cables much either, but at times I do believe they can create a different presentation, better or for worse (sorta like the difference between tuning UIEMs w/ different ear tips).  The price they're shooting for is ~$400, probably a bit more than I'd like to spend on...
I own a CIEM Roxanne (for 4 months) and the 334 (for 1.5 years), as well have heard the the K10 demo for about a half hour or so.   If you prefer the 334 to Roxanne, I think you would really like the K10.
 Oh, I used them both for years inserted perfectly.  The negative pressure from deep triple-flange insertion was a scary thing indeed - knowing that if you tripped and accidentally yanked the cord, you would likely blow an eardrum.   Different sound indeed, but same ballpark?  Alrighty, sure...