Posts by bobeau

Is this the same Donald North as in DNA?   http://www.dnaudio.com/
I would also like to join and agree to the terms and conditions.
 And I've had mine since Feb 2013.  Probably have well over 1000 hours on them at this point.
 Could you describe what the seal is like?  The combination of a triple flange and thin long bore allow them to be inserted super far into the ear, and when they're in there just right, they will create a vacuum seal so solid that you can blow out an eardrum if yanked out hastily (no joke, I recall seeing at least one report of this happening on head-fi way back when).  That's where their crazy isolation comes from.  
 I'm having a similar experience right now w/ 334s vs. custom Roxannes.  I've been listening to the Roxannes nearly daily since March, and over the last few days I've dusted off my 334s as I was going to sell them. To my surprise they are quite an engaging listen, and driven out an Concero HP are unbelievably clear, dynamic, and tight.  There's no way I'm getting rid of these... ever :)
 Haha... I was thinking 'Gloria' was definitely going to be a Siren (If we're talking about the one by Them/Van Morrison which had Jimi Page playing the guitar for, covered by The Doors, Patti Smith, Hendrix, etc)
 I recall JH stated that the Siren Series would eventually comprise 7 different models and that the Roxanne was slated to be the flagship of the series.  
 When the Roxannes came out JH stated there would be 7 Sirens, named after rock songs, and the Roxannes would be the flagship of the series.  So we're now 3/7 of the way there...
 Err... isn't the AKR03 just a rebranded universal?