or Connect

Posts by bobeau

Err... I'm scared to apply this update.  I'm using it toward the lower half of the volume range with IEMs, primarily JH Roxannes/ie800s through Roon (volume settings 30-50).  Any feedback on this?
 Agreed (my '57 Constellation thanks you).  In any case - does anyone know what upcoming event in SoCal these may be making their first appearance? I'm sure I'm not alone in eagerly wanting to hear what these really can do.  I took the plunge on a Roxanne pre-order due to the initial early enthusiasm here (similar praise to what we're seeing in this thread) and time has not been so kind to those.  I do like them and am listening to them as I type, but I probably would have...
 I don't really care about this much (however I do tend to upsample to 192 on my Concero HP) - my main concern is they'll address this in a future revision dropping the value of this system down.  To that end I'm holding out hope that there will be deals on the used market. Just don't get why they would limit in this day and age, esp. at this price as the cost should be negligible.  I just can't fathom what reason a design decision like this would be made... perhaps w/...
 I also have been using it daily as a TV speaker, usually on Turbo at max or close to it.  Truly amazing little speaker.  Not too long ago my receiver died which drove a pair of Magnepan MMGs... I've decided this is good enough and will probably sell the speakers.
Hey guys, any idea if a warranty replacement IE800 has a transferable warranty?  Threw up an IC for these and another member asked - I realize it would only be 90 days though.   Basically while waiting for the replacement I dusted off my Roxanne CIEMs - after a couple weeks of use I found the isolation and not having to fiddle with fitment all too seductive (I'm a remote software dev who tends to work in noisy cafes and the like) so I think I'm probably going to get...
Aw, shoot.  I have a 334 I would have traded...
Hey all,   Just a quick interest check.   - IE800, brand new in sealed box.  Just got these back from Sennheiser as a warranty replacement (includes documentation to prove this).  These are my favorite IEMs from a sound sig perspective, but I spent time listening to my Roxannes while waiting for this replacement and I got hooked on their superior isolation of the customs, which is important as I regularly listen to IEMs in noisy environments.     pulled shipped...
 I posted a glowing comment about the sound of Amarra for Tidal earlier in this thread... having played with Roon for the past couple weeks, I went ahead purchased a lifetime sub for that. I'm not sure what Amarra is doing, but there is something about the sound that makes the stage seem larger, almost like a surround-sound DSP of some sort, and it does seem to sweeten the sound... like the difference between using the IIR vs. Apodizing filter on my Concero HP.  OTOH, Roon...
I've had this speaker for about a month now... pretty much blown away by it.  Most impressive is the clarity and the volume.  It fills my 730 sqft loft (primary space 16 x 40 ft) quite well.  It definitely seems to defy the laws of physics.  If I had any criticism for the sound it would be some lack at the very top - for the implementation the software is a bit buggy w/ the Audio cues and iPhone app.  Thankfully those things can be upgraded in time.
 I don't.  There's absolutely nothing I'm doing that would cause a bias toward one side - this is truly odd. Also to note the entire left cable is now hardening, all the way down to the connector.  I'll get around to taking pictures next week, but the left side literally holds itself up a pretty noticable degree relative to the right side which is just as supple as the lower cable...  it's like a min garden hose.