or Connect

Posts by labrat

Is this for the headphone only? Or with the driver/amplifier too?
 I am quite sure cp100 will be too wide for the ER4 IEMs.You need cp800 (small bore) to make them stick.I just ordered a pack of 2 pairs from Jaben in Singapore, free shipping to Norway.
I would love to try this small amplifier, to compare with my older, considerably bigger!, portable amplifiers on the go. Hope I can get a chance now!
http://www.audiologyonline.com/ask-the-experts/when-hearing-aids-cause-itchy-12800   Just a tip! I use these drops:   http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/care-and-accessories/ear-lubricants-and-drops/oto-ease.html
Sorry you have such problems with IEMs! Just an input:  Did you try silicone tips? And did you try using water soluble lube like you use with hearing aids? I did have some problems before, and also with custom IEMs, they need something to make them slide inside my ears without irritation or use of force. I got a small bottle of lube that was meant for hearing aids, like greasy water, from an audiologist shop. It was not cheap, but have lasted me many years so far!
 That one does not isolate anything at all.It does not have a microphone, nor a detachable cable.And that is your recommendation ? I have never seen anything that resembles your wish, do not think there is.Get some IEM, they are your best bet.Why do you reject IEMs?There are some IEMs with microphone, but with a detachable cable also, hardly.But detachable cables is not always better than fixed, even if many here believes so!If you really want to use ClipOns, making a...
 This eBay item has all the parts you need:  322022287904But I think you are jumping into the deepest end of the pool here, for your first lesson to learn to swim!These are not the most high-end IEMs, I would advice you to cut the cables and connect a new cable with a 3.5mm connector, make it as simple as possible.But I wish you luck, which ever route you take!
Everyone usually recommend their own speakers or headphones. But I just got to listen to the Argon Octave 3A, and also compare with the ones I already have, the B & W MM-1. And I prefer the Argon over the B & W, even if the Argon was half the MSRP of the B & W ! For small computer speakers, and also as small room setup, these were really good sounding. Look them up!   http://www.argonaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Octave-3A-UK-21-12-2014A5format.pdf   But...
There is no selector, the analogue 3.5mm input has priority over the USB input. So if the 3.5mm is connected, the USB is locked out.
Small passive PC-speakers never did impress me with their sound, maybe because they are all old in their design? I have the Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 active speakers, bought in a sale 2 years ago, these were the best I could find at that time, sound quality and size referenced. Now I was just dropping in a HiFi shop, and some new, small active speakers were set up, the Argon Octave 3A. I was able to listen to them, and by chance, they also had the B & W MM-1 there. If you...