Posts by RamblinE

Anybody else feel me about the Shure SE215? Great isolation. Great fit via a good selection of stock tips. No amp required to drive them. They're just transparent enough that I can hear the difference between the output stages on my 5S and Nexus 4 with them. They're also closer to flat but with some decent bass presence and impact. $99USD. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Root with Cyanogenmod Installer is easy and wipes away any trace of the Beats software. It's what I did to my HTC One :) The only rom you have to flash manually is gapps. 
Poweramp or Neutron Player are two good apps but they're both also pay apps. 
I didn't have any beef with the ergonomics of the Nexus 4. I find the 5 to be very similar. So if you didn't like the 4 then you probably won't like the 5. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I went from the HTC One to the Nexus 5 and found the Nexus had a lot more air and crisper highs. I haven't observed the muddy bass that some have but I'm mostly using it with a Fiio E11 and AKG K550/Q701 Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Check out the LG G2. Snapdragon 800 processor, same as the Note 3 and Nexus 5. 24/192 DAC. Not sure how much lossless you could fit on there with just 32 gigs and no SD slot but its easily the only hi rez DAC in cellphones presently. I should know whether or not the Nexus has the same DAC because the phones share a lot of internal components but I don't xD Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Whose your carrier? The three phones I'd recommend are the HTC One, LG G2 and Nexus 5 for SQ. All three should be available through Sprint and Tmobile here in the states but not Verizon and AT&T. Or at least not the N5. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I like the Audioengine D1 as just a DAC. On the computer I use the Headroom Micro Amp and that little thing is incredible. It really is a shame Headroom canceled their own line of devices. For the money its really flat and transparent. I also just got a Fiio E11 so that I can listen to my Q's with just my phone or tablet. Great purchase as its got plenty of kick for more demanding headphones. The outpour from my Nexus 7 was weak in the first place. Sent from my Nexus 7...
The LG G2 has a 24/192 DAC onboard. It sounds kind of incredible for just a cellphone with no other devices attached. I've tinkered with the demo at work with my Etymotic hf5s and AKG Tiesto K67s. Nothing too high brow obviously but I was still impressed. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
You don't exactly need an amp for the AKG K550s though it doesn't hurt. I use a Fiio E11 to power K550s and Q701s off of my phone and tablet. The K550s can get by without it but the amp really fills out the sound, especially the bottom end with the EQ (more like bass boost) settings. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4