Posts by RamblinE

Yikes! The K240DF has been driving my Headroom Micro Amp into clipping. I've never heard that before so at first I didn't know exactly what I was hearing. I hate that Headroom never published specs on their gear. Plugging the DF in I just kind of assumed it would work.    So that means I need an amp. I'm leaning towards the Schiit Valhalla on the more expensive end, though the Musical Paradise MP-301 interests me a little as an all-rounder that can drive speakers too....
I never thought about the Musical Paradise actually. I have tried similar products though like the Sound Quest SQ-84 (shop that owns Sound Quest is local), but I was priced out of that pretty quickly. The MP-301 looks like a great compromise. 6.5W is just enough power for my desktop speakers (AR Holo Image M.5). With the Valhalla I'd still need something like the T-amp I'm currently running.  I can't ask specifically about the DFs since yours are running mono, they very...
Dongle as opposed to cable https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA33854A2808&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Cell+Phone+-+Cables-_-9SIA33854A2808&gclid=CjwKEAjw5M3GBRCTvpK4osqj4X4SJAABRJNCA6Wjj1xfB2oM6iIOzsA1n69EImqinEPS2G_gCim6-RoCIXnw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Hands on with demo G6 just now at work. There is no HiFi sound options at all in the sound menu like on my V20. Lack of quad-dac confirmed. Plugged my Monk Espresso into the G6. Nothing like HiFi or High Impedance popped up on the G6 like it does on my V20. 
I have gone through the tweeks for the G2. If I could ask one thing about the Dark Voice, how does it do with the K7XX and other lower impedance headphones? 
Hey yall. See bottom of post for TLDR. I was super excited to win a pair of these off of eBay but I ran into a problem. For years I have been using a Headroom Micro Amp as my main headphone amp. It delivers for my K701 and doubles as a little preamp. It does struggle to power the K240 DF though, with some songs kicking the amp into distortion. I sure wish specs had been more readily available on the Headroom but at the time of purchase I may not have even known what a...
I did the bass mode on my Q701s. I found that it worked but that the bass didn't sound as natural afterwards.
I modified my K701s (#42676) with the felt disks underneath the silver grates, from my Q701s, and the Annie pads. The plug on my original cable went bad but I opted for a factory replacement from Harmon and soldered it in myself. The mods have added a touch of warmth and a little bit more presence and body. They're not as thin as they used to be. Lately I have been using a 600ohm AKG K240DF at the computer. My K701s are mostly used around the apartment with my LG V20...
 I just got these K240DF EP's as an xmas present to myself. I'm probably coming up on ten hours listening. I drive them with a Headroom Micro Amp as well as an Indeed G2 w/ Sovtek 12AU7. These have the older baffle that the early K240M's had as well. I do not find these to be bass light, however I cut my teeth as an audiophile/enthusiast on the K701, so I'm into that already. The highs and lows are a little rolled off however I find I agree with those who call the DF a...
I shared this in the team AKG thread.