Posts by nikp

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581451/australian-headphone-retailers-and-reputations-listing   Here you go! I recommend A2A.
  Oh let it burn in first so things would get better.  But seriously, that is wild! I have heard two pairs and one has seriously metallic highs. The other one though sounds close to flat but very involving. Hmm, I guess I had to be careful of Beyer now. Not buying Beyers anymore unless I can listen to them first, but I don't think the DTxx0s have QC issues. I have heard a few pairs and they all sound the same.
  Perhaps the Amperior may be more of a worthy competitor to the DT1350 assuming that it fixes up HD25's weaknesses - recessed mids, tiny soundstage. By the way, isn't listening to closed headphones/IEMs a bit dangerous while riding your bike on the road?
If I get my hands on an Amperior, I will definitely write a comparison.  Problem is.. Amperior haven't even enter Australia yet.. 
GO GERMANY!!!         Okay, now you have a reason to cheer for Deutschland.
  You'll probably want the HD600. I've heard both and classical, my main genre, sounds much much better on the HD600 which sound signature is neutral as opposed to HD650's laid back, dark (or slightly muddy) sig. My impression of the HD650 is similar to yours.   Don't blame the source, amp, dac. The Bursons are no slouch and the MBP have a really decent DAC. I suspect you don't like the HD650's character and even if there's break in, it won't stray far from the "tree". 
Better as in more in quantity, quality or both? Never heard a Grado before, but the TripleFi 10 is V shaped, treble happy and I liked it. In many Grado reviews, people mark it as coloured and I am not sure I want that for a headphone at that price. So is the HD700 coloured as well?
Thanks for the review! I enjoyed reading your review as it reveals the graphs and comparisons (with prices) to other headphones either in the lower/higher range more or less objectively. Furthermore, the recommendations are "uncensored" and straight to the point. Excellent review!   I agree with your impressions on the LCD-2 as well as the HD650. Well, It seems I belong in the group of people that should stay away from the HD700. A shame really, I initially thought...
Well, it depends on your portable source. Amps improve SQ a bit only if the headphones are under-powered. The difference in sound quality (amped vs unamped) for headphones around 80 ohms is generally unnoticeable at least according to my ears. Even if they improve, improvement is subtle.
You might want to get a DAC if you're looking for improvement in sound quality and I am quite sure the STX can power the DT250 80 Ohm sufficiently so getting the E6 would be almost pointless.