Posts by nikp

I'm curious to why would someone make a "fake" fiio product. It simply does not make sense.
  Keeping the digital audio formats while selling the CD. Post 39.
  It's a massive grey area. Sharing them to the public would be illegal though.
  The pair I tried is the original black HD25 version - mids are recessed compared to the HD800 and other balanced headphones. Tyll seem to rave over them as if they are a substantial upgrade over the HD25 and I wonder if he's just excited over a new toy.
So does the Amperior still retain HD25's recessed mids?
Anyway so here's a story. Not so long ago, I bought the Ultimate Ears 200 at a relatively cheap price of AUD$15 and honestly was almost blown away. Sound quality is intimate, sufficiently detailed, forgiving, mid-focused, a bit bassy and I find them really enjoyable to listen to. They're not too analytical and for $15, I can declare they're of great value. But wait, today something happened. Although I have noticed this quite a few days ago, the right channel began to...
You mean punishment instead of taxing?
  Nope, unfortunately.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/581451/australian-headphone-retailers-and-reputations-listing   Here you go! I recommend A2A.
  Oh let it burn in first so things would get better.  But seriously, that is wild! I have heard two pairs and one has seriously metallic highs. The other one though sounds close to flat but very involving. Hmm, I guess I had to be careful of Beyer now. Not buying Beyers anymore unless I can listen to them first, but I don't think the DTxx0s have QC issues. I have heard a few pairs and they all sound the same.