Posts by dcginc

I wish Meridian would have made the new ME2 iOS friendly having sold my ME v1 in favor of a iFi DSD Micro... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ps streaming TIDAL through my Squeezebox Touch (as well as an iOS device). TIDAL via the SBT makes my PS Audio PWD have new life. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I started TIDAL just right after the launch... I've explored more music in past 2 1/2 months than ever before. Like the offline feature for taking 'on the road' my NAS lost one drive right b4 TIDALs launch.. No hurry to get it back up running either. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spotify to Raise $500 Million; Move Could Delay an I.P.O. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/business/media/spotify-to-raise-500-million-move-could-delay-an-ipo.html?_r=0&referrer= I saw this the other day... Would be my guess spotify backers want to go head-to-head w TIDAL.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the best app for iPhone to output DSD to the iFi DSD Micro? Is it Onkyo's HD player?
Just got an Apple TV and was wondering what DAC I should get to feed an all Meridian analog system... As a previous owner of Mjolnir and Gungnir (and gen1 Modi) I am pleased to see a Modi Uber in my future. Now I just need to find some $2,500 per meter SE interconnects to go with... 😎 (that's sarcasim btw)
In the past few days, I've been getting alerts from my wireless carrier about exceeding my data plan on my iPhone. I've never received these alerts before. The only change is that I've started a TIDAL subscription once I moved to a 6 plus. Oddly, almost all of my my streaming has been in wifi environments. Not sure it's an issue centered around TIDAL, but will have to learn more regarding the data usage.
Yesterday I got to listen to the PM-2s paired with the HA-1 at a local shop. Yum.. I won't try and go into all the PRAT type of analysis. Simply put, in the words of Ivor Tiefenbrun founder of Linn Audio, 'does an audio system make you want to listen to more music?' The Oppo pair answers that with a resounding yes!  Can't wait to add them...
Would like to see two comparisons KEF M500 vs PM-3 and iFi DSD Micro vs HA-2
 There is, although I have not yet tried it...