Posts by tiohn

These are still up for sale.
Great!
Darn it, I thought the discount on the upgrade to Pro was good through the end of the month :(   Although the price now makes it even less enticing, I'm not getting a feel for just how much better the Pro sounds over the 3.2 that I've got. I know it's subjective and we're getting into diminishing returns territory, but I'm teetering on whether or not to send mine in for an upgrade. Discounting the cost of the cable and shipping, is the upgrade worth another $100 if I'm...
More urgent things in my life have come up, so it is unfortunately time to part with my D7. The aluminum enclosure has some mild scratches, but includes rubber feet (attached), warranty card, pouch, and original packaging.   Main Features: - True 24Bit/192K USB-DAC, supports bit for bit decoding. - Asynchronous USB transfer - WM8740 DAC chip - Up to 24Bit/192K coaxial output - RCA output and Line out. - Built-in +/- 5V class A headphone amplfiier that run off of USB...
Unfortunately, I need to part with my beloved M4U 1. I am asking $225 $200 shipped to anywhere in CONUS. Headphones and case are in excellent condition and include box, and all accessories. The only appreciable damage is a slight nick on the plate on the front of the case and some minor scratches on the headband.
 I had the same problem after three weeks (!!!) and just received my replacement from Hifiman... ...and the rear of one of the barrels is badly scratched, as well as the left sleeve missing the raised dot. I am wondering if I was sent a prototype. I love the sound and they're by far the most comfortable earphones I've ever used, but so far am very disappointed with the quality of the product and Hifiman's service. I guess I'll use these for another three weeks until they...
The size is my only issue with them. I have a very large head and have to do quite a bit of finagling to get them to fit down over my ears. I don't find the clamping pressure to be too great, but I think it's only a matter of time before the headband cracks based on the sounds it makes when I open them wide enough to get over my head.
I'm looking for some IEMs around the $200 mark. I'll go a bit more if necessary, but less expensive is certainly better. Historically, IEMs and I have not gotten along. I have owned Denon AH-C551K and Hippo VB, but both of them were very uncomfortable. I have pretty narrow ear canals, and the forward part of the barrel of both of them would irritate the opening of my ear canal shortly after putting them in. I used Comply tips the majority of the time with both of them,...
Thanks! I gather that both of those files were silent? I'm most curious about the 192kHz file. Do they become audible at high volume?
Thanks! I'll take two out of four. That indicates that the X3 has low distortion at least up to 96kHz. I've had trouble with the warbles files as well. I was hoping for a test of a 192kHz file, but that's at least promising.