Posts by royewest

They are delightful. Certainly no problem filling a normal-size room with full-range music.  
One last bump before I figure out how to keep these...   I'm looking for a new home in the SF Bay Area for a pair of very lightly used, matt-black Zu Druid Credenza speakers.   Druid Credenzas are very efficient, full-range speakers, which some headphone amps can drive. I'll give them a conservative 7/10 for condition, because the matt black shows every fingerprint, but really they look almost new.     Zu doesn't offer these any more and there's not much...
iRiver HP120 with power supply. Rockboxed. As you can read elsewhere on Head-Fi, the charm of this unit is that it can play FLAC files through an optical out to your portable DAC.   This unit works just fine, but it is a little scuffed up and does not come with any of the original accessories (remote, leather cover, etc.).   Offered entirely as-is, unless it arrives DOA (unlikely).   Asking $75 plus shipping.
Sold.
  I have an early 2009 CTH kit from Spruce Canyon Labs I never built (got a new job just after it arrived and down the rabbit hole I went).   The kit comes with (or I added at the time) the 1.1 board, two tubes (Sovitek 6NP1 and RCA 12AU7A), the power supply, the replacement cap from SCL, black Hammond case (with tiny scratch on bottom), both perforated and solid top with holes and gaskets, volume knob, all the parts of course -- the works except for the custom...
I know this probably belongs on the for-sale forum, but it's been so long I thought I'd post here where folks might remember what this is (mod's willing) -- the Spruce Canyon web site is gone...   I have a CTH kit from Spruce Canyon Labs I never built (got a new job just after it arrived and down the rabbit hole I went). Clearing up the office this afternoon I found it. Box has the 1.1 board, two tubes (Sovitek 6NP1 and RCA 12AU7A), the power supply, the replacement...
The Bottlehead S.E.X. amp is also a great contender (not to take anything away from any of the other suggestions).
Not a Lavry DA10. Nevermind....
What exactly are you looking for?
Some of the Thinkpad docks have coax SPDIF out ports. Good luck with USB -- I had a heck of a time with it when I was on Thinkpads with USB -- lots of stuttering and drops. With luck the more sophisticated reclocking, etc., on the y2 will work much better for you when connected to the TP via USB.