Posts by strokerace

OK, thanks for the info. I remember they used to get recommended as an all around phone for movies/games but I suppose I'd never heard of them being recommended for bass-heavy music. Maybe that was a long time ago when it was just the flavor of the month. With a few HD595's selling for less than $100 (didn't think they'd go down so much in value, even with the updated model), it still seems like worth a shot. If the soundstage and positioning are nice I could see it...
It's been a while since I've last posted but since the headphones I've been wanting are now discontinued and somewhat cheaper, I thought I'd get back into my old hobby.   In recent years I've stuck to my KSC75's and my JVC in-ears (air cushions were discontinued so i picked up the bassy 101X or whatever when i lost those) as well as my superlux HD681 with "velour" pads from ebay. A couple years ago I picked up a Beyer DT990 and Denon D2000 to try out and I didn't have...
I'm selling my modded Grado SR-125i's that I got in a trade from a fellow head-fier.   I just don't use them very much and am looking to get something different eventually since I keep going back to Koss KSC75's. They're in decent condition and have been good to me in the short amount of time I've had them.   I'll let them go for $100 with standard shipping. $85 if you come pick it up or meet me in person (I'm in Los Angeles). Comes with both the stock comfy pads as...
updated with pics
yeah i figure i'd save myself the trouble of ordering the parts in case anyone here is down for a little DIY. I guess it's about $25 shipped for the (original?) parts in case anyone is considering snatching up the 'phones in this listing.   if they don't sell and still strapped for cash, i may just try to fix them and re-post an ad.
Hello all,   I've had these headphones for a few months now after buying from another forum member. I first bought a pair of beyer dt990 pros and picked up these to compare. I loved these Denons but sadly, soon after selling my practically new dt990's, the screw fell out of the d2000's.   They've just been sitting unused and I've been going to my cheaper Superlux HD681 (too sweaty!) and my KSC75 (for traveling and at work).   I understand the fix is easy,...
Up for sale is my brand new pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm.   EDIT: If you're able to deal locally I'll knock off $10 to bring it down to $155...almost $30 off the best price online!   I just purchased them last month from Amazon (well, from a 3rd party that was fulfilled by Amazon) just before Christmas. I think my invoice says December 18th. I got them for myself as my first step into the realm of $100+ headphones, but then I found the headphones I...
I'm now considering building a Millett Starving Student Hybrid amp to get me started as the parts will probably come in quicker than if I order a pre-built chinese amp (unless there's a cheap reseller in the U.S.). Hope to provide some more comparisons after that.   Also, I'll try the headphones out of my big Kenwood integrated amp and see if my opinion changes at all.
So I just got the Denon D2000 today and have spent less than an hour with them.   To compare them with my DT 990, I have foobar2000 set up at max volume using ASIO out to my Fiio E7 and the only DSP enabled is PPHS Resampler set at 48kHz in Ultra Mode.   The E7 is also set at 0 bass boost and volume set at 15 for the D2000 and 22 for the DT990 (it's pretty close in volume, maybe 1 step off if at all).     Initial Impressions:   After playing a couple of...
Thanks for the info, I'm still shopping around for a suitable tube amp and may just settle on a chinese one off ebay or something.   After fiddling around with the E7, they are able to drive my DT 990s to a suitable volume without distortion if i turn down the internal volume on foobar2000 and crank up the volume on the E7 itself. For the DSP section I use the resampler (48kHz, Ultra mode) and equalizer only, and output is through ASIO. I've switched on and off the...