Posts by Ender Wiggin

I bought these as sort of an impulse buy back when Amazon had them on sale. While I like them, I realize I don't really need them, so I've decided to try to sell them. They've barely been used and I have all of the original tips, the case, and even the instructions that came with it. The only thing I'm missing is the actual packaging it came in. I'm looking for around $50 shipped but that's totally negotiable, I'm just trying to get rid of them to someone who wants...
Quote: Originally Posted by SysteX AV123's X-sub. Quote: Originally Posted by warpdriver Hsu STF-1. They are the go-to recommendation for most HT enthusiasts. It's musical, and will give you plenty of oomph. Thanks you two, any pros and cons for each that differentiate between the two? Maybe styles of music or rooms that they're better for?
bump
Hmm, I'm kind of looking for the best for my money. I know that's sort of vague, but since it's being used in a dorm room or apartment for casual listening and parties I don't need a super expensive audiophile set-up, but I don't want a piece of junk either. I guess somewhere in the $200-300 range max, but if there's a cheaper one that's a really good value for its price or a slightly more expensive one that's leagues beyond others in its price range I'll consider them.
bump
Ah, while I appreciate the incredible info, I was really referring to the questions in my original post, specifically about recommendations on a good subwoofer to purchase that I can hook up to these speakers I already have.
Wow, well I think I'm set on the speaker placement question haha, thanks. Now, onto the subwoofer...
bump
Thanks, it does help. Can anyone else help with the the subwoofer question?
Quote: Originally Posted by terance I would go with a line out dock (LOD) terminated to a mini cable. unfortunately, judging by the tech specs (see: http://www.audioengineusa.com/tech.htm) it does not look like it's possible to connect a subwoofer to the speakers, but I may be wrong. congrats on a nice little set up, be sure to give up impressions once you get them set up. Ok so the official Apple dock will work fine, and when you say mini...