Posts by Mike Walker

Under settings in Rhapsody, you can turn streaming, and downloads all the way up to 320 kilobits per second. And this will be across everything you listen to. As for things sounding more or less compressed, I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you mean more compression artifacts, such as swishy highs, that will vary, of course, according to how the file was made. But remember, lossy data compression, which reduces file size, is not the same as dynamic range compression,...
I have used Rhapsody for more than a decade. And although I have tried alternative services, I always come back to Rhapsody. Especially since they increased streaming and downloading to 320 kilobits per second, the audio quality is truly excellent.
One tiny nit to pick. DAC stands for digital to analog converter, not digital audio converter. Conversely ADC stands for analog to digital converter.
Hey HiFi uy, the male end on headphones that plugs into an amp is a "plug". The female end on the amp or device is a "jack". You nearly always get that wrong, and it's something a " HiFi Guy" ought to know!
Thank you!
I'll investigate, Tinyman. THANK YOU!   I know that IEMs are portable. There's an IEM in my phone case at all times, so I've always got something with me to listen to. But IEMs create a sense of perssure against my eardrums that is quite uncomfortable. And I know how to insert them properly!   I have very strong opinions about headphones. Because, having worked in radio for forty years, I've spent many hours daily wearing them. It takes me mere seconds to know if a set...
Read my original post! I am looking for POCKET-SIZED headphones. I am not looking for something m80 sized, which excludes the Mikros 90. I have lots of headphones. I am not expecting better than $500 sound. I appreciate your priorities, but I told you mine. A px200 is obviously more like what I described. I ordered a pair of Audio Technixca ATH-es33bk from NEwEgg. Thank you for your time!
No more than 150 for a portable. I have and love the m80, but don't consider it portable.I prefer mildly boosted bass below 100hz, and a smooth, slightly polite high-end. I listen to rock, pop, country, bluegrass, big band and standards, some classical, and orchestral pop. I host a syndicated 70s show, so mids must be smooth. My voice must sound like me. Thanks for your response!
Really? Nobody after two days?
I have used the Koss PortaPro, and it's variants, for more than 30 years. But, as small as it is, it doesn't fold flat for shirt-pocket carrying. And it's open-back, so there's no sound isolation.   I'm looking for a closed-back alternative, with bass response at least as good as the PortaPro, with smooth mids and highs, that will be even more compact in my pocket than the PortaPro. I am not a huge IEM fan, even though I own several of them. And I want better bass...