Posts by Jap

Charge JHA big time for your adjustments! So you feel you have them both reference quality and much more enjoyable now?
I will keep my eyes and virtual ears tuned in.
 Many belated thanks for your detailed review. I was having some nasty computer systems issues I had to resolve and have not gotten around to catching up to this forum until now. I am so glad you were able to equalize the IEM to your satisfaction. Perhaps you can offer to send JHA your equalization notes for a hefty consulting fee. As a lover of phones that serve as monitors, it is very disappointing to see your report that the IEM was not up to snuff from a professional...
Channeling my inner Rodney King:   "Can't we all just, like, get along? Pretty please . . . with sugar on it?"
I certainly will be looking forward to your impressions, especially after the IEM's are well burnt in. 
Don't get too hung up on a single review or two! After all, other people have their own individual tastes. There have been note-worthy reviewers who have provided outstanding reviews on either the Angie or Layla on this very thread. There have also been some negative reviews here and there on the Layla. With me being a detail freak, that iOS one of my primary concerns, along with good balance throughout the entire frequency range from subsonic lows to super sweet highs....
I hear what you are saying. I am somewhat in the same boat as I need to audition both Angie & Layla before I pull the trigger (or not) on either. I have been really busy with things lately---with some of those things potentially life-changing. However, I am sure I can find an audio venue here in Atlanta, Georgia that can provide me with an audition. Currently, I employ the discontinued Sennheiser HD-250 Linear II studio monitors as my 'do-everything' home phones. My...
I have never heard the Layla nor the Angie. However, there are a few things you should be aware of before you accept or reject any phone/IEM.  o Was the Layla reviewed at Cymbacavum actually fully broken in? There are those who still question the break-in phenomena---as though it is just a mirage that many members experience. I have heard it happen with too many phones to deny it. And I am talking about a true physical breaking-in experience---not a psychological, user...
. . . but, but, but uber details, precise imaging, and impressive sound-stages (head-stages) are fun and engaging . . .   I'm half joking here, but all these comments just serves to reinforce the obvious---that music enjoyment through our preferred audio courtesans is very much so an individualized fetish. For me, I want to hear it all!: the deep, body rattling crashes of timpanis and other assorted acoustical animals searing my ear drums with sonic subterranean goodness;...
That's a common Head-fi phenomenon. However, I discovered early I was one of the so-called oddballs that love phones that were well balanced frequency range-wise, with deep bass, a rich midrange, sweet highs, and uber detail. Phones that are unduly colored tend to frustrate me since I want to hear all that the sound engineer has crafted for my ears. Therefore, I'm used to being one of the relative few who love the phones I favor. I have yet to arrange an audition for the...