Posts by Jap

Hello people,   The Sennheiser parts service apparently does not stock the leather head pad for the senn HD250 Linear II. This is the leather pad that is suspended underneath the plastic head band.   Is anyone aware of other sources for Senn HD250 Linear II parts?
Bump
Yeah, the fact that I spend a lot of time outside of home factored heavily into my decision to initially purchase a custom cable for the HD25. I love that fact that it can take a lot of punishment and that virtually all the parts are replaceable by Sennheiser or third party sources. For instance, I just replaced the headband padding ( the pads that rest on the top of your head) after the old padding succumbed to years of vigorous usage. I also have a backup pair of ear...
I have heard this argument thrown around before . . . sometimes at me. Obviously, the buyer establishes whatever value their custom cables are worth for his|her given situation. In my particular case, if you can share a custom cable with a higher grade Senn phone, the cost for the custom cable is much more reasonable.   I have HD25-1 phones and use two "expensive" custom cables with them. I bought my HD25's used with the standard steel cable, which provided an...
Hello guys!,   Can anyone recommend a good DIY-er to re-terminate the headphone connectors on an Oyaide headphone cable?   I bought an Oyaide headphone cable (HPC-35 HD) some months ago with Senn connectors. However, they tend to pop out of my headphones (the Senn HD 250 Linear II and HD-25-1) too easily due to a loose fit. I have another headphone cable (the Headphile BlackGold with Senn V2 connectors) that fits snugly with both headphones. I...
  The sheer pain and aggravation of selling a great product! I will wait a while before I purchase my D2. I need to add a solid home amp to my system, although the Triad Audio L3 does a surprisingly good job with my Senn HD250 Linear II.
Nice!, although we can stand to see the details. It's convenient for them to separate the D2 upgrade from the USB upgrade, so those who don't need the latter can keep that off the buying list.   EDIT: Okay, now that more details have been posted, the USB upgrade is included with the D2 and also  appears to be made available for previous D1 buyers. The D2 price is still a little less than that of the Lavry DA11.   It may be awhile before I get one, but it can easily be an...
Yes, I am aware of the BDP-83 mods. However, that would necessitate buying a used BDP-83 or used modded BDP-83. I don't know if I would be excited about getting even a modded BDP-95 even if I was willing to spend that kind of money. I am much more of an audio lover at this point. It seems much more flexible and technically cleaner to get a high end DAC (e.g., the D2) and use it with a video|audio transport.
The Modwright modifocations are based on the Oppo BDP-95 and the discontinued BDP-83/83SE. I emailed Modwright inquiring about the feasibility of modifying the BDP-93 and received the following response:     Hi John,   I am sorry, we do not perform mods on the Oppo BDP-93.  The circuitry of the Oppo 83SE and Oppo 95 are completly different from the Oppo 93, so it is not something that can be adjusted and used for the Oppo 93.     Thanks,   Kristin Boyd Executive Director...
      I'm not sure what you are referring to. There is an upgrade board for the Oppo BDP-93 that would raise the audio quality. There is also the balanced BDP-95.   I don't recognize the unit attached to the Oppo player you depicted above. Why should that be superior to an Anedio D1/D2?