Posts by Joris

I currently have my Moodlab dac in my bedroom where it's connected to an old DVD player and feeds a BSG CMOY headphone amp.   This is mainly for listening to CD's in bed. Yesterday I put a DVD in there which I am 100% sure has a 24/96 soundtrack (Neil Young, Live at Filmore East) and the DVD player was set to 24/96 as well. The Moodlab  handled it without any issues.   How is this possible? The Moodlab has a TDA1543 16 bit dac chip. I checked the datasheet of the...
I was looking for a replacement for my Hotaudio DAC Destroyer and ended up with the Hifimediy  UAC 27. I could not find a lot of reviews about it but what I could find was possitive and the price was not too high for a little gamble. If it did not suit my taste, the coax-out would have enabled me to use a non-USB dac.   http://hifimediy.com/?wpsc-product=hifimediy-uac27-wbox-mini-usb-dac-pcm2706wm8501-usbspdif-converter   I was not really looking for an upgrade...
Thanks for the input.Unfortunately my modding skills don't exceed rolling socketted opamps and tubes.   I think it may have been a seating issue. I rolled it back in and I am unable to reproduce the interference. I need to put the amp on top of the router to get a hint of interference now.
My phone is my portable source and the amp is also used in my desktop setup (quite close to a router) so this sensitivity means that this opamp won't do it for me. Quite a pity because I do like the sound signature.   The difference in sensitivity with my BB opamps is quite drastic. It happens at the length of my connection cord (about 70cm) so keeping it further away from my phone is not an option.    
When I put LME49720 in the socket of my BSG CMOY I am getting quite heavy inerference (about as loud as the actual sound) when my android phone (wether it's connected to it or not) connects or disconnects from WIFI. Apart from that, I was very pleased with the sound.   I do not have this issue with OPA2227 and OPA2604 opamps.   Anyone else has had such issues?   I did not expect such a difference in this aspect
I am looking for an affordable USB DAC/headphone amp for my desktop set up.   I am currently using a Hotaudio DAC Destroyer which feeds both a T-amp and a CMOY but the output jack is past it's usefull life. (and I fancy trying something different).   Did anyone ever consider this one?:   http://www.ebay.nl/itm/170712309180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649   On paper it seems very decent but I have so far been unable to find any kind of...
It depends a bit on the equipment.   This is my view: If the source does not have any distorsion issues when cranked to the max and the amp can handle the input then that will be potentially best for the following reasons: reduced noise floor Highest resolution (bit depth) if it is a device which controls the volume by attenuating before converting to analog. Only 100% volume means full bit integrity.   I have a BSG CMOY with dual inputs. 1 for...
Just recieved my BSG Cmoy. I absolutely love it.   It has an additional input for line level sources which appears to be a great match for my USB DAC.   Nice open and neutral non-tiring sound.   My only other headphone amp is a bravo tube/mosfett amp so my frame of reference is insufficient for a review but I can say it blows the bravo away in terms of fidelity.   It seems to be perfectly matched to my sources and headphones as the sensible range on the...
To me it is, that's what counts when I choose.
double post. (fight with my tablet)