Posts by AnakChan

I had the Ed8LE for 9 months and felt the SigPro was sonically more pleasing. When I walked out of the shop, it wasn't the SigPro but it was the TH-900 in my hands.   About the Ed5. I think I mentioned on the threads somewhere that I had a secret desire for it. However speaking sonically (not ergonomics, weight, comfort,  isolation, or price), to my ears the TH-900 still produced a somewhat more classy sound than the Ed5. Both sonically sparkle but there's still...
 I don't know about the rest of you but personally if I feel something is out of reach, I don't even look at it. I definitely don't waste my time complaining about why it's unaffordable to me. A business is a business afterall. If a product is too pricey they sell less. If they make a large enough margin to survive, great for them. However if they don't they simply just collapse. As a consumer to complaining about how a product is priced too high to me is a waste of...
 ?? You were with me when we talked to MGoodman. I thought you tried it? Strangely (but entirely based on memory) I actually prefer the sound of the beta run in May than the final in July.
But Ed8 unit themselves are known to have variation in signatures which at least in the threads have attributed to QC. I've not heard many Ed8s despite owning an Ed8LE myself in the past but I tried many SigPros which had variations. I'm a partial believer of burn in (I.e. I believe burn in applies to -some- headphones/earphones) & in my experience for those headphones that are more susceptible to burn in, the changes are most in the first 48 hrs & after that it tapers...
 Not as far as I know. I've tried asking makers to use those connectors but none seem to be keen to try. There are headphones that use those connectors however.
I didn't listen to the Cowon P1 but I did play -very- briefly with it at the e-earphone store. The power button felt rather cheap and loose. Next time I pop by I'll give it a listen and close my eyes - maybe it's SQ will help me overlook it's less than stellar feel.
I think you'll get differing opinions here. I actually just use my TG!334 with stock cable. Although I do play around with cables, I try not to think about the costs as at least in my experience quite often the amount one spends on a cable has less return on investment than say an amp or DAC. I'm merely mentioning this 'cos you're comparing the cost of a cable to the price of another earphone.   However if one isn't looking at what other options their $$$  can buy them...
Man, that is just obscene! Thx for the specs!
 @NormT, reminder on the pix :)?? Would love to see your new toy.
Ok with my mod hat off, I have to admit that has given me a chuckle to what has so far started to be a bad Saturday morning. Thx. I needed that humor.Astrostar59, you're not going to be able to argue your way out of this one . Wachara is really one of the Stax gurus (furthermore polite & humble if I may add!!). If he says something I may not necessarily go out and do it but I definitely give it some serious thought, respect & appreciate his advice.