Posts by Sioban

I have now used the Conductor for a couple of weeks.   Something that irritates me is that I often get static noise from time to time whenever I start to play music after having paused it for a while. Does anyone know why this keeps happening?   Then there is this clicking noise when you raise the volume Is this a driver problem?
OK. Even though the Ultrasones are OK  in the bass department and provides good highs, I want to go to the next step.  I want the bass to be more present whilst being able to provide clarity.   Keep in mind that I have only used the Ultrasones with the Matrix mini so they might not have reached their full potential given my present setup.
I am looking for outstanding prescence/clarity but with, and this is very important, very good bass response. I want to feel the bass.
Hello At the moment I have  a Matrix mini amp/dac connected to my laptop. I mainly use a pair of Ultrasone 900 headphones.   I want to change my setup altogether or at least the amp-dac part. As far as the headphones concerns, I prefer closed cans.   Most of the time I listen to EDM.   Budget: around US$4000   Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ok, so there is no standby button? It's just on/off through a main switch in the back? Would this risk the life of the amp? I am guessing that turning the amp on and off through a power switch  puts more strain on the Conductor compared to a standby button?   Am I wrong?
The Conductor is a nice clean looking amp but on the pictures I have seen on the Internet I cannot see any on/off/standby switch. Could anyone here please enlighten me where this switch is located?   Thanks.
Can anyone please comment on whether the Z2 can handle 128GB memory cards?   Thanks.
Hello,   Broke my Shure earphones today. The plastic tube on the right driver that holds foam plug snapped off the driver. Is there any way I could buy a spare driver? I can not find anything on the net?   (not my picture.)
Hi I am about to purchase a pair of Dali lektor 2 speakers but cannot decide which colour to combine with my black amplifier and oak veneer coloured  bookcases. Is it ok to combine white speakers with a black amp?   Thanks.        
Got my Pro 900s a day ago. The cans are paired with a Matrix mini-i.   I noticed that the cables included were a bit too short for my taste so I am wondering where I could find a good cable for the cans.    Reqs: Non-coiled 3m long.   Thanks.