or Connect

Posts by reginalb

the difference is in the nature of the ecosystem.  Apple released a phone per year, now it's 2 per year, and get the OS up and running on the handful of devices they've released. By contrast, Android (or more precisely AOSP - Android Open Source Project) is an operating system that manufacturers can implement on devices of their choosing. But it is not like Windows where an OEM installs it on a machine and goes, they take the source code and manipulate it to their liking....
 It would be to your advantage to use something with a proper line-out if you're going the wired route. I find Bluetooth more than acceptable for in the car though.
This has kind of been answered for you, but there are a few important things to remember.    1. If you're going to get (or you already have) IEM's that use balanced armature drivers, then they very likely have a low input impedance. As a result, you will want to make sure whatever source you use has a very low output impedance, or you could have problems. 2. Amplifiers can be demonstrated to sound the same if they meet a certain set of criteria. That is, they must have...
 If it were, you could probably save even more space, you'd be good at like 128k AAC
 I'm going to have to check that out. That definitely appears to be a Songbird fork, and I loved Songbird. I love that the users of it back in the day were trashing Songbird as being terrible, when they were clearly using a fork of the source. Have you used Nightingale? That's what I use currently (also a Songbird fork), but it doesn't really get updates at this point. 
I like my very much not linear Unique Melody Merlins. Lots of people seem to like a V-shaped response, a lot of people also seem to like treble roll-off. I think that generally linear responses are a good thing. But I definitely have no problem with different people having different preferences.
 I use my custom IEM's (Not $2,000, just $800) with the Schitt Fulla regularly. If you get a transparent DAC and amp, then you're usually good to go. I used to use them with a Clip+ pretty regularly, in the Merlin thread I was called out for needing a better source. Tried lots, they pretty much all sounded the same. I use them with a ZX1 now, but I feel where you're coming from. 
If you want to get in to multi-channel audio, this is a sweet deal:   http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X6AGWRQ/ref=gbps_tit_m-7_4282_1aad697c?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2265424282&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=384082011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1GH0RPYX778P870WK663   I paid more than that for mine, used, off Amazon, like a week ago. But it works well, and will play Blu-Ray, DVD-Audio, and SACD. And it will bitstream the multichannel DSD via HDMI if...
 If it's like the Facbook one, it's going to someone's timeline/wall/whatever it is now and clicking like on everything they have so that they get overloaded with notifications. Bigshot was a pretty knowledgeable member of the forums. I've got fairly thick skin, so I was OK in the one or two arguments with him, but he could get insulting, and is banned. The only thing I argued with him on was that I think it's actually OK to have a personal preference for a non-flat...
 I am not sure that I would consider my post to be "Getting in your face." You publicly made a statement, you didn't PM it to a FiiO rep. I publicly retorted your claim that it was an "Unfair" practice with the claim that yours is one of entitlement. That there is a discount in the country where the producer is located, doesn't mean that you're entitled to it. I didn't need any other information to get the story straight.